The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   This is officially my favorite horse photo (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/officially-my-favorite-horse-photo-134072/)

LetAGrlShowU 08-09-2012 02:38 PM

This is officially my favorite horse photo

Just saw this posted on Facebook and it has now become my all time favorite photo.

How freakin' sweet is this??

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/s...owU/favpic.jpg

New_image 08-09-2012 02:42 PM

My first thought is, it could be sweet or it could be a little girl in a back brace waiting to happen :)

JustDressageIt 08-09-2012 02:43 PM

Honestly my first reaction is "get your foot out of my bubble!!" My gelding constantly pushes my boundaries so I am very aware of when he's respecting my space and not. Him reaching his head around to "hug" is cute but I'm very aware that he does not perceive it as a "hug" so I remind him of my bubble. He probably sees it as "squash the tiny human time!" If he raised his front leg to me, he'd be met with a sharp slap on the shoulder.
But then again, he's young (6), doesn't know where his feet are all the time, and he's BIG - a very solid 16.3 (and a bit lol!) hands. I simply can't let him take an inch right now or he would take a mile.
Sorry - I disagree with you, OP...
Posted via Mobile Device

Speed Racer 08-09-2012 02:44 PM

Yeah, not sweet so much as horrifying. :shock:

MHFoundation Quarters 08-09-2012 02:49 PM

I see a monster in the making. Cute at first but so dangerous and I really hope that horse isn't sold on and tries to do that with someone else's small child, yikes!

texasgal 08-09-2012 02:49 PM

I saw it on facebook too. My first reaction was awwwwwwwww. the expression is sweet and the human emotion implicated is sweet.

Then I thought if that were my gelding and my daughter ... ah, NO!

lol. So, yeah. The picture is sweet. The real life .. not so much!

LetAGrlShowU 08-09-2012 02:58 PM

Wow, very surprised at so many of the comments. I agree 100% about space and bubble and yet that stuff didnt even come to mind, how funny. I saw the picture and simply thought, i have felt that before.

Well, yes the implication is very touching. I absolutely see it as dangerous too. But with the look on his fac, and the fact that he wrapped his leg around her makes me think thisi s just a very magical bond moment caught on film.

What about that girl who was jumping her paint like 5' with no saddle and no bridle? Everyone was soooo amazed at her skill and their bond, i didnt see any of these negative comments. And that was even more dangerous. Oh well.. can't please everyone. It is still a super cute photo.

Tianimalz 08-09-2012 03:26 PM

Saw that as well. This is likely a trick horse, and this photo a form of art, so really I don't feel its necessary to criticize it. If I had children looking at it, I'd explain to them that this horse was specially trained for this piece of art, and make sure they knew the dangers that comes from being a trick trainer.

But, for myself; I like to enjoy the picture for the art form it is, beautiful expression of both horse and girl.