The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Week after horse trailer rollover check up (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/week-after-horse-trailer-rollover-check-134228/)

wyominggrandma 08-10-2012 09:06 PM

Week after horse trailer rollover check up

Horses got their week check today after the trailer roll over last week.
Both are doing amazing, considering how it could have turned out.
Tippee the barrel mare has healed well, cuts on her face are starting to peel the scabs off and pink skin underneath. Above her eye and lid is still puffy, but going down. Legs cuts are healed and scabbed over. The vet checked her back, she is still very sore when pressure is applied, so he wants my granddaughter to start slowly lunging/ponying her with no weight on her back for another few days, then start light riding.
Willard, the gelding is healing okay. His mouth stitches are still a problem, some healing some pulling apart. Some gunk in there,but showing healing. His neck still has lots of edema, the muscle in the front of his heck was all tight and contracted, its relaxed now and back in place, but lots of edema at the bottom, which is expected. His cuts on back leg are healing well, as are the rest of his cuts. He has seroma pockets in his neck and back from being thrown around, but moves around and does fine.
Could have been lots worse, they could both be dead. So, just time and more time,especially for Willard.

cakemom 08-10-2012 09:06 PM

Lucky for them to have gramma to care for them. I sure am glad they are doing better.
Posted via Mobile Device

smrobs 08-10-2012 09:10 PM

Great news! Glad to hear they are recovering well.

ioconner 08-10-2012 09:17 PM

That is amazing!! I had to go back and read the original post and everyone (horses included) are so dang lucky!!

Glad to heal they are healing well.

themacpack 08-10-2012 09:18 PM

I've been thinking of them and wondering how they were doing - continued healing thoughts for them!

COWCHICK77 08-10-2012 09:23 PM

Glad to hear they are mending! :)

Horsnaround64 08-10-2012 10:25 PM

Thanks for the update

Annanoel 08-10-2012 10:35 PM

SO glad everyone is okay that was involved, just read everything that happened. WOW, those pictures of the trailer really shook me.

Golden Horse 08-10-2012 10:43 PM

Thanks for the update, glad to hear that they are both improving. I wonder if they will be OK in a trailer again

Wild Heart 08-10-2012 11:20 PM

Thanks for the update!
Glad to hear that they are recovering well.
:D