The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hobbies (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/)
-   -   My version of Beautiful by Christina Aguilera!! (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/my-version-beautiful-christina-aguilera-134363/)

maddisullivan 08-12-2012 01:30 AM

My version of Beautiful by Christina Aguilera!!

Beautiful - Christina Aguilera cover - YouTube

If you saw my previous singing thread, you know that I will be performing in a big talent show September 16th. I am choosing between the songs Beautiful by Christina Aguilera and Skinny Love by Bon Iver. Here is my cover of Beautiful. This song means a lot to me, I've been in the midst of a deep depression and this is one of the songs that lifted my spirits in that dark time. The first time I sang it I nearly cried. But, here it is, and if anyone happens to see it, PLEASE leave me a comment on what you think, I need all the feedback I can get, good or bad.

Thanks you guys!!

Alpha App 08-12-2012 01:53 AM

I REALLY liked your version of Skinny Love, over Beautiful!

Chiilaa 08-21-2012 09:46 AM

Beautiful doesn't suit your voice at all. Find a song that suits your voice, because no matter how much it resonates with you, the judges at a talent show don't care. You can put all the feeling in the world in, if it doesn't compliment your voice then you are going to be judged downward. Skinny Love was better for you, however, I would hesitate to sing something like that at a talent contest. You want a song that shows the very best of your voice, and still engages the audience.

uflrh9y 08-23-2012 06:04 PM

You have a very soulful voice. Try not doing so many runs on each word and give yourself a point to sing to. If you think of your voice as a string coming out of your mouth, focus it to one spot whether its an imaginary spot or hold something as a microphone to focus your sound at. If you focus on each syllable as you push it out, you will see how much better it sounds. Good luck and keep singing! :)