The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Please critique my 5 y.o. solid Paint gelding.. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/please-critique-my-5-y-o-134399/)

dop 08-12-2012 02:33 PM

Please critique my 5 y.o. solid Paint gelding..

4 Attachment(s)
What do you think of Defender's conformation?

He's a fatty but we're working on it.

Thanks!

MangoRoX87 08-12-2012 02:36 PM

I like him..those first two pictures aren't great to
Tell anything from, but I think he is cute.
Posted via Mobile Device

dop 08-12-2012 02:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Yeah..they're probably not the best pics for judging conformation, Mango.

Had my husband take the pictures while I held Fender today.

Maybe we'll switch that around, lol.

Anybody else?

Would love to hear from Elana and Lilruffian as I always enjoy reading their critiques.

Thanks!

Here's a couple more of Fender moving from a few months back:

Falicity 08-12-2012 03:03 PM

cute boy :) i love his four white socks. what i see is that he has a decent shoulder, long back and maybe camped under front legs. Something looks off about his hind end and/or hind legs but I'm not sure what.

Falicity 08-12-2012 03:04 PM

and maybe tied in behind the knee. He's stunning in the moving pictures :)

dop 08-12-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falicity (Post 1641969)
cute boy :) i love his four white socks. what i see is that he has a decent shoulder, long back and maybe camped under front legs. Something looks off about his hind end and/or hind legs but I'm not sure what.

Good eye! He had a pretty severe extensor tendon laceration to the left hind in April of 2010. See the puffiness today? That's because he either bumped the leg or twisted it somehow on a trail ride last weekend. We were crossing a shallow creek and he slipped on some slimy rocks...none too gracefully either. I'm gonna have the leg x-rayed soon. Thinking he may have a bone sequestrum or something going on there..the wound never fully healed/contracted properly or completely. Pics today were taken on a bit of an incline, I think. Ground is not completely flat there.

Falicity 08-12-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dop (Post 1641986)
Good eye! He had a pretty severe extensor tendon laceration to the left hind in April of 2010. See the puffiness today? That's because he either bumped the leg or twisted it somehow on a trail ride last weekend. We were crossing a shallow creek and he slipped on some slimy rocks...none too gracefully either. I'm gonna have the leg x-rayed soon. Thinking he may have a bone sequestrum or something going on there..the wound never fully healed/contracted properly or completely. Pics today were taken on a bit of an incline, I think. Ground is not completely flat there.

Ouch... my mare also had a bone sequestrum last year. She lacerated and punctured her upper fetlock to the bone, chipping the cannon bone. She had to have surgery to have the sequestrum removed. Lots of bandaging :? I'd be curious to know how your boy turns out and what's going on there.