The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   GRRR...Netflix! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/grrr-netflix-134413/)

ioconner 08-12-2012 05:48 PM

GRRR...Netflix!

So this afternoon I decided to try and watch some classic horse movies...you know like Black Beauty or Phar Lap. Neither were on Netflix instant...neither was Spirit, Seabiscuit, Secretariat, Flicka, or any other horsey movie I could think of. I got so irritated that I called and asked for them to be added. The man on the other end of the line thought I must have been some deranged horse lady. I
mean come on!! That is just crazy!!! There was even a movie titled How to be Black Sexy, but no Black Beauty. I told the man I wanted the real Black Beauty and not Black Booty!! I think he may have choked on something...and that made me smile. :D

Anyways...that's enough of my rant...

gothicangel69 08-12-2012 05:53 PM

I feel your frustration. The only horse movie I found was buck's documentary (its very good mind you, but not what I was looking for).
Ps- LOVE the black booty comment!
Posted via Mobile Device

CrossCountryStar 08-12-2012 07:19 PM

I know. It is absolutely horrible! The only way to get some of those movies is to have the disc sent to you and I really don't feel like waiting that long!
But if you do want a horsey movie to watch on Netflix, I would recommend 'The Long Shot'. It is such a wonderful horse movie.
Its about:
'A woman moves with her husband and seven-year-old daughter from Colorado to California and then her husband abandons them. While trying to rebuild her life, she finds solace while working at a horse farm and decides to enter her beloved horse in a high-stakes dressage competition.'

usandpets 08-12-2012 08:06 PM

Yup, Netflix does kind of suck for good movies unless you do the DVD option. They do have some ok ones but if I had to wait for it to come in the mail, I would just run to the rental store instead.
Posted via Mobile Device

OutOfTheLoop 08-12-2012 08:41 PM

SHERGAR is a good movie on netflix. Its older, but good.
Posted via Mobile Device

CrossCountryStar 08-12-2012 10:25 PM

^^ That is a great movie
Posted via Mobile Device

DrumRunner 08-13-2012 12:57 AM

I know! It's soo annoying.

I have better luck with finding full length movies on Youtube than I do Netflix. The most recent have been The Horse Whisperer and Phar Lap.

Phar Lap

The Horse Whisperer

Dreamer

Black Beauty

Spirit

You're welcome lol :wink:

ioconner 08-13-2012 05:33 PM

I didn't realize you could watch full length movies on youtube!! Thanks!!

Speed Racer 08-13-2012 05:39 PM

A lot of the older movies aren't available in streaming format and there isn't a lot of demand for them to be, which is why you won't see the majority of horse movies available for download.

Horse people are the minority, and screaming at some lowly customer service rep won't make streaming happen. The only thing it'll make them think is that yes, you're some crazed horse weirdo.

I get the DVDs. They tend to have a 1-2 day turnaround, so it's not like it takes WEEKS to get another movie.