The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/)
-   -   Eventing Vests? Where to purchase? (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/eventing-vests-where-purchase-134414/)

Ryder4Lyfe 08-12-2012 06:52 PM

Eventing Vests? Where to purchase?

I've heard lots of good things about the Rodney Powell vests, but I can't seem to find an American stockist...or any stockist for that matter. I saw that for a while the company was out of operation or something like that, so are these vests even still available? If so does anyone know where I might purchase one from?

Thanks!! and sorry if this is a dumb question :oops:

equiniphile 08-12-2012 07:55 PM

This is about all I could find:

Rodney Powell Body Armour Collections | EQUESTRIAN COLLECTIONS.COM

If you don't have any luck finding one, I suggest looking into Airowear. I love mine--breathable and comfortable.

Ryder4Lyfe 08-12-2012 08:42 PM

Thanks for looking for me, but now that you mentioned it the airowear looks pretty similar. Do you mind me asking where you bought yours? Online or did you go to a saddlery? But thanks either way! This might be the perfect fit :)

caseymyhorserocks 08-12-2012 09:27 PM

Here is the only one I found for sale.
Rodney Powell Elite Protective Vest - Size: CXSW Color: Navy and Outlet Jackets/Vests | EQUESTRIAN COLLECTIONS.COM

equiniphile 08-12-2012 09:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryder4Lyfe (Post 1642279)
Thanks for looking for me, but now that you mentioned it the airowear looks pretty similar. Do you mind me asking where you bought yours? Online or did you go to a saddlery? But thanks either way! This might be the perfect fit :)

I bought mine at Big Dee's. Sooo comfortable.

BODY PROTECTOR ADULT SURE VEST-Big Dee's Tack & Vet Supply

MyBoyPuck 08-17-2012 10:02 PM

I love my airowear outlyne vest. So comfy and you can get it in colors and for cheaper if you order it from the UK.

Quixotic 08-17-2012 11:06 PM

This is where I purchased my Airowear
Amira Equi Ltd.

It's cheaper than anywhere else I've found it (even after shipping costs), & you can get custom colours! I didn't customise mine, I just got it in Navy, but I really wish I had!

MyBoyPuck 08-24-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quixotic (Post 1650077)
This is where I purchased my Airowear
Amira Equi Ltd.

It's cheaper than anywhere else I've found it (even after shipping costs), & you can get custom colours! I didn't customise mine, I just got it in Navy, but I really wish I had!

That's where I got mine too. They were very helpful, particularly with sizing.