The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Cars and Trucks (http://www.horseforum.com/cars-trucks/)
-   -   Flippin Michelin cheap tire! (http://www.horseforum.com/cars-trucks/flippin-michelin-cheap-tire-134453/)

Roperchick 08-13-2012 03:01 AM

Flippin Michelin cheap tire!

So this is just gonna be one giant rant.

I spent basically my entire weekend at the ranch...got to ride my favs Kana and Honey, and also aquired a new project, Champ.
anyways i was driving home tonight, and as soon as i got on the pavement from the dirt road, i thought i heard a clicking from my tire...only a few times so i thought it was just a stick that was hitting my fender and then jolted loose.....

about 1 mile down the road i hear a really loud POP! and my notification for "LOW TIRE PRESSURE!" popped up on my dash.

i immediately pulled off and jumped out....my back left tire was COMPLETELY FLAT. okay i get it sh*t haps yo. but i LITERALLY JUST BOUGHT THAT TIRE 1 1/2 MONTHS AGO, because i had run over a couple nails near a construction site on base.

so my brand new 1 month old tire is flat!

to add to this fiasco my tools were in my mazda, because the mazdas tire had gone flat and my friend helped me fix it and he needed to borrow it because his car was dead!

so i called 3 different guys before my friend (the one borrowing the mazda) answered and he came and saved my a**.

so now im driving on my spare tire till tomorrow afternoon when i can get it to firestone to hopefully patch up.....i REALLY REALLY dont want to have to buy another $250 tire.....fml

end rant

AQHA13 08-13-2012 03:06 AM

I don't know much about tires, or the extent of damage to the tire, but I've always had great luck with Les Schwab and Costco fixing and patching tires with nails for free. We also had some construction last year and was running into quite a few nails.

Roperchick 08-13-2012 03:10 AM

yeah. that time the tire was just slowly leaking so the closest mechanic was Firestone...when i took it there they found 3 nails stuck right at the edge of the rim so they couldnt patch it and i had to buy a new one.

but this time idk. i looked it over and couldnt find anything. im hoping that maybe it just popped off the rim when i pulled on to the road off the dirt road but who knows. ill find out tomorrow i guess

Joe4d 08-13-2012 08:55 AM

road hazzard warrantee, might wanna look into them when you buy new tires.

Roperchick 08-13-2012 02:01 PM

i do have the warranty for this one.

the old tire wasnt under warranty for some reason (stupid ford) but this one for sure is.

Roperchick 08-14-2012 04:14 PM

So i dropped my tire off yesterday afternoon at like 1630...they told me they were 4 men down so they wouldnt get to it till this afternoon....

i went out to my car this morning and had a call at 730 saying my tire was fixed and they could put it back on my car for me.....

kinda dont believe them....this wasnt just a small nail in the tire, and slowly leaking air deal..
i literally heard a POP! and 2 seconds later my tire was completely flat with the rim sitting on the gravel....thats not a small hole...thats a giant tear somewhere...probably the side wall (not an easy fix) since i didnt see anything after we got the tire off.

so them saying that they had my tire fixed within 20 min. of opening this morning makes my BS radar flash.

i was gonna have them check my other 3 tires as well to see if they had a problem too...my "low tire pressure" sign is still lit up on my dash even after i reset it so either
1. its because i have my spare on right now (tg its not a donut haha)
or 2. one of my others is leaking too. its quite possible.

to add on to all that...theyre trying to tell me that i didnt get the warranty on it....uh no BS radar again, because im not so cheap that im not gonna protect myself and spend the $30 for the warranty....
like i would risk getting a flat (on the same tire) and have to spend another $250 on a brand new one? no. ill spend $30 and get a discounted price if something happeed....which it did...

pretty freaking angry right now haha

ledge 08-16-2012 02:57 AM

Oilfield guys around here are having good luck with Hankook's on their tread wear and life.