The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Small bridesmaid gifts (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/small-bridesmaid-gifts-134501/)

LetAGrlShowU 08-13-2012 03:25 PM

Small bridesmaid gifts

I can't ask my friends, since this is FOR them, so here I am, asking my online family...

I bought monogrammed tote bags for each of my bridesmaids with their names on it. Since they are rather large, I want to put something inside without looking like I'm being cheap. The bags were a bit over what I anticipated spending, but I'd like to just put something nice in there, but am at a loss. Here is what I've considered..

1) compact mirror
2) nail manicure set
3) a set of costume jewelry- earrings only (can be used for wedding)
4) mini 'friend' picture frame

My drawbacks are:
1) most people have them... if they dont, theres a reason (they dont want them!)
2)i like this, but seems like it come across as just a filler instead of thoughtful
3)not sure if any of them have sensitive ears - i do
4)i like this but having trouble finding something cost affective

Any other ideas? Something thoughtful but not expensive??

Thanks in advance.

Shasta1981 08-13-2012 07:55 PM

Have you looked on etsy? I'm obsessed with it these days. Maybe something like these coasters? How much do you want to spend?

Reversible Monogrammed Recycled Cork Coasters by CassieDoodle

Delfina 08-13-2012 08:00 PM

When is the wedding?

Beach towels and flipflops are a cute/useful gift but not if the wedding is December and it's snowing!

another option is canvas sneakers, replace the laces with ribbon and then "bling" them out to make cute shoes for them to wear during the reception. Not a good look or idea though if their dresses are short!

Shasta1981 08-13-2012 08:04 PM

^. I like the flip flops idea. Those could be their "dancing shoes" at the end of your reception. ;)

That reminded me. I have these flip flop coasters (not sure if you are a wino) but I get complimented on them all the time!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Crush--Grapes-Glass-Attachable-Coasters/dp/B005BZ0824/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1344898811&sr=8-3&keywords=flip+flop+coasters

LetAGrlShowU 08-14-2012 10:04 AM

Hey, thanks for all the great suggestions everyone! The wedding is in November, but it is in Florida, so its technically summer 8 months out of the year :)

The bags were around $15.00/ea so I'm looking to stay under $5-$10/ea for this.

Shasta1981 08-15-2012 08:39 AM

What about a DIY gift? Maybe a picture collage with photos of you and each bridesmaid in a frame?

stephshark 08-20-2012 04:29 PM

Do your bridesmaids drink wine? A low cost option is Wild Vines' Blackberry Merlot: not technically wine but sweet and very tasty. Maybe a bottle in each bag and some chocolate candies?

DancingArabian 08-20-2012 05:01 PM

Wineglass charms are nice and you can make them yourself.

Are hey horsey girls? Maybe trail bells and mane clips if they are - also something you can make.
Posted via Mobile Device

QOS 08-20-2012 05:08 PM

Starbucks cards....I give them as gifts all the time and they are always appreciated!! I am a wedding cake designer and just made my nephew's wedding and groom's cakes. His darling bride gifted ME with a $100 Starbucks card. Guess who my favorite niece in law is now?