The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Problems with smart pack suppliments (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/problems-smart-pack-suppliments-13466/)

kstrait 08-16-2008 10:18 PM

Problems with smart pack suppliments

Hello, I am wondering if anybody has had any experience with the smartpack "Smartcalm ultra"? I placed my 5 y/o TH on this, as well as "Grand Hoofs", and "Smartflex III Ultra" about one and a half months ago. He began to act extremely spooky and hot 1 to 2 weeks after he started them.

Has anybody else had a similar experience or any other strange experience with these suppliments?

Thank you!!!!! :? :?

Peggysue 08-17-2008 09:14 AM

is he on all three??

You very well could be causing a toxic reaction ... I would have to pull numbers but that would be my guess

kstrait 08-17-2008 09:53 AM

Yes, he is on all 3. I have contacted Smart Pack to see if there is any sort of conflict, but i won't hear from them until Tuesday. I have taken him off the smartcalm ultra already though, two days ago.

Thanks for your reply! :D

Peggysue 08-17-2008 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstrait
Yes, he is on all 3. I have contacted Smart Pack to see if there is any sort of conflict, but i won't hear from them until Tuesday. I have taken him off the smartcalm ultra already though, two days ago.

Thanks for your reply! :D

if you give me the TOTAL diet which SMartpak SHOULD ask for as well I might be able to figure the numbers for you LOL today is kinda of busy but I might be able to get to it later ...

I need what brand and amount of feed being fed as well as hay type and if testing has been done on it

kstrait 08-17-2008 11:55 PM

Hi, I won't be able to get all this info together until tomorrow evening. Thank you!!!!!!

hotreddun 08-18-2008 11:15 AM

not with smart pak...but I've had similar problems with other brand supplements...

I've since decided that less is more...when putting chemical "supplements" in the horse's body :?