The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   A new beginning (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/new-beginning-134681/)

kayleeloveslaneandlana 08-14-2012 08:20 PM

A new beginning

As the title says a new beginning will be happening soon! Last Friday the farm lost our beloved stallion Triunfo. He was a purebred Andalusian. He was spectacular and one of the sweetest horses you would come across. We have a few foals out of him thanks goodness, but none quite the same as he was. One of our mares is going to give birth to a foal of his pretty soon here so we are super excited. Last year Trio bred a TB mare and since then she has had her foal Spirit. The owner didn't pay for the breeding so what we were going to do is she would get 2 breedings and we could take one of the foals. Well once the owner heard about Trio's passing, she said she would give us Spirit. We are so excited, to be able to have another one of his foals. We decided to rename him Spirit of Triunfo. We haven't been able to get him yet as we need to wait for him to be weaned but we don't have to wait much longer!!! Sorry for no pictures, once we get him to the farm there will be a pic overload! :D. The farm is so different without Trio there, but we are making sure his spirt lives on. <3

Country Boy 08-14-2012 08:25 PM

I'm glad that you will be able to allow his spirit to live on through his foals. Did he have any purebred foals? Or do you own any purebred foals or horses now of his?

kayleeloveslaneandlana 08-14-2012 08:32 PM

Sadly no, all his crosses are with Lippizaners. We are in the middle of registering them as half Andalusians though, and will soon be investing in a pure mare.

Country Boy 08-14-2012 08:39 PM

Lippizaners aren't bad horses in fact my cousins horse Randy who's a pure Lippizan Stallion is staying here for a few more days. My cousin is also here.

I like the idea of the purebred mare though

Wild Heart 08-14-2012 08:44 PM

I'm sorry to hear about the passing of Triunfo. :(
However, his legacy will live on through his foals. Be sure to keep us updated on your mare and Spirit! :)

kayleeloveslaneandlana 08-17-2012 02:24 PM

Spirit is coming to the farm today!!!!!!!!

Red Raiders 08-17-2012 06:14 PM

So glad the everything's gonna be all right