The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Memorials (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/)
-   -   I still miss her. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/i-still-miss-her-134685/)

Stoddard 08-14-2012 09:08 PM

I still miss her.

2 Attachment(s)
November 9, 2008

Little did I know that - from the day I took this picture - I would only have 2 years and 42 days left with my mare. Little did I know. And if I knew then what I do now, Iíd of spent every moment I possibly could have with her. I wouldnít have been a crappy horse owner who allows her depression to overcome her willpower to see her beloved equine.

In a sense, though, she got to enjoy retirement. She was old, slope-backed, and as ornery as a 4 year old topped with 20-something year old wisdom. Because I didnít go out and rider her daily like most might have, she got many days of pure horsey relaxation with her pasture mates and ďboyfriend.Ē

Ah, yes. Her boyfriend. An OTTB called Blaze, who would create a mini-track within any arena that he was ridden in. Good for youngsters who needed more focus on balance than direction. I took lessons on him myself.
Princess, Iím so sorry I wasnít there more. Iím glad I found you, though. If I hadnít who knows how much longer youíd of been allowed to suffer with wounds and a broken leg. Iím sorry you had to go the way you did, but Iím glad you were around to teach me what you taught me.

You taught me how to stay on. You taught me to get over my fear. You taught me how to blaze trails. You taught me what it felt like to jump bareback. You taught me your love. You taught me to be as stubborn as you. You taught me that a horse will forgive. Thank you for those 7 years. Thank you, for being the best teacher I could have ever asked for.

Rest in peace, darling.

December 21, 2010

copy/pasted from my blog

HorseLovinLady 08-15-2012 09:15 AM

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Jewelsb 08-15-2012 09:18 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

Stoddard 08-15-2012 04:00 PM

I just miss the hell outta her. You never appreciate what you have until you lose it. :/ Two years and I'm far from over it.

Oldhorselady 08-18-2012 08:21 PM

Wow Stoddard...I feel the pain as well. I don't think I will every get over losing my first mare. I hope you have another horse to share a special bond with like I do.

Stoddard 08-19-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldhorselady (Post 1650869)
Wow Stoddard...I feel the pain as well. I don't think I will every get over losing my first mare. I hope you have another horse to share a special bond with like I do.

I do. :) I got my boy Butterscotch, and he's kind of a goober.

Oldhorselady 08-19-2012 12:27 AM

That's awesome Stoddard. My Snickers is a complete goofball and you can't help but smile with her. I'm glad you have your other guy as well.:hug::hug::hug:

Samstead 08-20-2012 02:21 AM

Oh honey you'll always miss her, that's part of having sucjph an amazing animal in your life. But shed want you to be happy, to move on while remembering her. Shed want another horse to know the love you gave her, to experience having a loving home and a nice pike of juicy hay each morning and heartfelt praises for hardworking. Butterscotch is that horse, the horse who Orincess wanted you to love like you loved her