The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Back to school, a little bittersweet. (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/back-school-little-bittersweet-134732/)

MHFoundation Quarters 08-15-2012 10:55 AM

Back to school, a little bittersweet.

1 Attachment(s)
Today is my little monster's first day of second grade. I was pretty pumped about it thinking of all the things I could get done uninterrupted and in peace. Now that she is at school, it's a bit sad. I am certain though that I'll get over it with a clean house that stays clean for more than 30 minutes, riding the youngsters without distraction and heck, maybe even a nap! :happydance:

Happy back to school to the rest of the parents (and students) on here! :D
Attachment 109840

Hidalgo13 08-15-2012 11:10 AM

Ahh, I can't wait to be the one sending off my children to school... instead of myself. ><
Enjoy the freedom though! :wink:

barrelbeginner 08-15-2012 11:13 AM

AH! .. I start 10th grade next week.! Im sooo happy! lol

equiniphile 08-15-2012 11:27 AM

Awe, what a cutie! Second grade was my favorite grade school year.

I'll be a sophomore in a week. Gah, crazy!

Delfina 08-15-2012 11:38 AM

Mine start tomorrow.

I am having mixed feelings, I will NOT miss the fighting or the constant messes they create and leave all day long.

I will miss having them do all the dishes and most of the house cleaning in punishment for the fighting and leaving me messes. I have to take over all their animal chores (they are gone 7am-4:30pm) and most of their normal chores simply because they aren't home. What I'll miss the most though is my lil one following me around trying to "help".

Lil 4wheeler with a metal rake tied on behind... "look Mommy, I'm dragging the arena for you!".

barrelbeginner 08-15-2012 11:57 AM

^^ awh that's cute!

DrumRunner 08-15-2012 12:17 PM

So cute! She looks so much like you it's ridiculous. You'll have to let us know how it goes! Hopefully she'll have plenty of fun stories to tell when she gets home..

MHFoundation Quarters 08-15-2012 12:31 PM

Have fun barrel & equiniphile! Enjoy the last few years :)

Aww, Del that's too cute that you have an arena dragger. Morgan likes to help with that too but she sits on my lap and drives the tractor.

I will be sure to let you know how it goes Amber. Her very best friend is in her class with a seat assigned right next to her...I've no doubt I will be getting a letter or call about my social butterfly before week's end. She's a smart, smart cookie and the only negative on her report cards last year "Morgan hurries through her work to allow for more social time." LOL
Posted via Mobile Device

AlexS 08-15-2012 12:31 PM

She's very cute. Mine go back on the 28th, I am counting down the days.

DrumRunner 08-15-2012 12:34 PM

I'm glad she has her buddy with her.. Hopefully you won't get many calls, I'm not going to say none because we know that won't happen..My mom got plenty of calls about me and my BFF in school.