The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Colors and Genetics (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-colors-genetics/)
-   -   What Can You Tell Me About His Pedigree? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-colors-genetics/what-can-you-tell-me-about-134893/)

Phantomcolt18 08-16-2012 08:59 PM

What Can You Tell Me About His Pedigree?

So I know more about QH and Paint pedigrees than I do Appy(I actually know next to nothing about Appy lines...more towards nothing....actually zip haha)

Dice's dad's side is majority Appy while his mom's side goes more towards Qh.

Anything you can tell me about the Appy side would be awesome. Even some new things about the QH side would be cool.

Just wondering how his pedigree looks. :-)

Flecs Frosted Design Appaloosa

Thanks

RunSlideStop 08-16-2012 09:12 PM

Don't know anything about his Appy lines but it looks like he has Impressive in his lines. Has he been tested for HYPP? Just a precaution that could save a lot of heartache - especially since it's so far back, folks might not have bothered to test.

He looks halter bred to me, but I wouldn't etch that in stone and bet on it - just a vague guesstimate.

Cheers!
Posted via Mobile Device

Phantomcolt18 08-16-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunSlideStop (Post 1648599)
Don't know anything about his Appy lines but it looks like he has Impressive in his lines. Has he been tested for HYPP? Just a precaution that could save a lot of heartache - especially since it's so far back, folks might not have bothered to test.

He looks halter bred to me, but I wouldn't etch that in stone and bet on it - just a vague guesstimate.

Cheers!
Posted via Mobile Device

Yup I had him tested for HYPP a few weeks ago came back N/N! Thank goodness haha. He's not built halter-y though. Very speed built and he is a speedy thing.

Faceman 08-18-2012 12:18 PM

I'm going to post because no one has responded.

I am honestly not familiar with your horse's Appy ancestry until the 5th or 6th generation. He has some well know Appy lines, but they are too far back and too diluted to have any real meaning. He appears to be a mixture without any well known lines and without any particular breeding objective. That does not mean he is not a good horse with potential for any number of things - just that there is no indicator from his pedigree that he was bred to excel at a specific discipline...