The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Horses and College. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/horses-college-134898/)

DoubleS 08-16-2012 10:34 PM

Horses and College.

What do people do with their horses during college? My parents said they wont sell my 2 because they know how much they mean to me. I'm just worried that I won't be able give them the time they need when I go to college! (which, thank Goodness, is a few yrs in the future...)..
What do people do?

PintoTess 08-16-2012 10:38 PM

One of my horses is at college with me. The other two are waiting at home to see me on weekends.

Horsesdontlie 08-16-2012 10:44 PM

I'm going to college and working full time just so I can afford to pay for my horse. Its hard, especially since I just semi-retired Jake. So that means he spends more time in his stall then before. So I am looking for a pasture to put him in so I can focus on school instead of wondering when I last turned him out. =\

BarrelRacer23 08-16-2012 10:52 PM

If I go to college this fall I'm going to sell my mare and keep my gelding. I might be able to find a place to board him or he might stay at home where i'll see him on weekends, it will be hard but it won't be forever.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cinder 08-17-2012 12:27 AM

I know that some people lease them out while they're at college.

LadyDreamer 08-17-2012 02:44 AM

Mine stayed home. I saw them when I could and entertained myself with the notions that they missed me. I even got to take my baby to school for a demo. He was an angel.

thesilverspear 08-17-2012 07:33 AM

My horse came to college with me. I had no trouble riding 5/6 days per week.

cebee 08-17-2012 08:01 AM

We board ours half way between where my daughter goes to college and home... he is her stress reliever, her exercise, and her entertainment. Cant imagine asking her to give him up! It is not forever. Grad school will be a few hours away tho.. so will have to find boarding for him there... but again, cant imagine asking my daughter to give up her baby while she is in school. Where there is a will, there is a will there is a way...

boots 08-17-2012 08:30 AM

They never seen to mind being pasture puffs for extended periods of time, if you only see them infrequently.

DriftingShadow 08-18-2012 09:33 PM

I pay for mine and keep him about 5 minutes away from my campus. This semester I will probably only be able to ride, 3x per week but I will see him everyday. I couldn't imagine tackling my last year without him! :)