The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hunters and Hunter Seat Equitation (http://www.horseforum.com/hunters-hunter-seat-equitation/)
-   -   Saddles! (http://www.horseforum.com/hunters-hunter-seat-equitation/saddles-134923/)

RhinestoneCowgirl03 08-17-2012 02:10 AM

Saddles!

I don't how many of your out there show arabs...but I'm thinking of getting into showing arabs, in hunter pleasure. So I need a saddle that will look good for the show ring, but also allow me to practice dressage at home (not like high levels, or anything) and maybe pop over a few tiny fences. So I'm thinking a vsd saddle. The only vsd I know of is the stubben, but those are out of my budget. Plus I prefer something with interchangeable gullets, but it's not absolutely necessary. Any suggestions?

EquineCookies 08-18-2012 12:19 PM

I also show Arabs hunter pleasure (in addition to a variety of other divisions)! I have a Wintec 500 all purpose but Wintec does have a VSD. Most, if not all, Wintecs have interchangeable gullets. Wintecs look very nice in the show ring, not to mention are much easier to clean and care for.
Posted via Mobile Device

RhinestoneCowgirl03 08-19-2012 07:22 PM

Yes yes, I'm quite familiar with the wintecs, I didn't know you could use them to show in. They sure are comfy :)

EquineCookies 08-19-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhinestoneCowgirl03 (Post 1651792)
Yes yes, I'm quite familiar with the wintecs, I didn't know you could use them to show in. They sure are comfy :)

You certainly can show in them, nearly everyone at my barn shows in a Wintec saddle. They're great, most comfortable saddle I've ever ridden in :)
Posted via Mobile Device

RhinestoneCowgirl03 08-20-2012 11:34 AM

Hm, I'll certainly keep that in mind. i like the price and they certainly are comfortable! I sat in quite a few and rode for a year or so in a wintec pro dressage. People tell me they are terrible dressage saddles, but it was so nice it makes me sad!

KarrotKreek 08-20-2012 11:47 AM

An incredible saddle that is overlooked here in the US but very highly regarded in Europe... check out the Jeffries Falconhawk. I have a Med/wide that fits my friend's Arabs well. It's a VSD design (very slightly dressage) and can be used for jumping as well. They are made in England on a Walsall tree. They have knee and calf blocks.

You can find them used occasionally or the Cheshire Horse carries them. They are affordable and you really get your money's worth.

RhinestoneCowgirl03 08-23-2012 10:37 PM

You know, that name sounds really familiar. I'll go take a gander.