The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halloween Fun Show

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Horse racer 
#1 ·
Every year our barn has a halloween fun show. the main event is the costume contest. I ride a black bay TB and was stumped for a costume until now. Nananananananananananan... Batman! Has any one ever done a costume contest? Tell me about your costumes and show pictures!

#2 ·
i'm going to do a costume show this year at my ranch. i think i'm going to make miss anne a carousel horse. its gonna take a lot of sewing, but its gonna look awesome :) i just have to figure out a pole, but its going to be wrapped in gold and purple shiny ribbon. i cant wait! i may shave hearts or stars or something into her butt and dye the white arts in her mane.

will your horse have a cape?

#4 ·
This year I'm going to be the headless horseman for the costume party I always go to. Costume express has a cool headless horseman costume. It would be cool to come in riding on a black horse with that costume, especially a big TB like yours!

#6 ·
A few years ago, our riding club held a Halloween fun show near the end of October. We had close to 70 entries for a full day of English & Western classes and a few fun gymkhana type games at the end. It was below freezing the whole day and was snowing when I loaded up the horse's to go home! Instead of ribbons, we got chocolates bar (YUM) and could dress up however we wanted, most wore costumes just for the warmth factor. For English, I just wore regular show stuff but I added a full face motorcycle mask with the skull, I had long underwear on under my clothes. Even though it was freezing, I still sweat and had icicles dripping from under my helmet into my eyes. For Western, I wore full biker leathers & a motorcycle helmet, the skull face cover and put a bike license plate on the back of the saddle. Never had so much fun or ate so many chocolate bars on my life! I think I won every western class & most of the English ones & on my hubby's horse, we won all the chocolate bars in the games. I was finding chocolate bars months later when I was cleaning out the tack compartment in the trailer. I would love if they would hold another but volunteers have been scarce lately :(
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: Horse racer
#7 ·
Last year I dressed up as a mobster. Had the pinstripe suit, cigar, hat, even a thompson machine gun! It was pretty cool. I've never gone to a Halloween party dressed as a cowboy.....which wired for me being a wanna be cowboy:lol: I also want to be a jockey. I've seen the costume for Ron Turcotte, secretariat's jockey.

#9 ·
Type in horse and rider costumes on google images, there are some pretty funny ones! If I had a horse to ride, I'd dress up as the headless horseman and ride around my town freaking people out!:lol: nothing like a good Halloween scare!

Reactions: waresbear
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.