The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Gidday from Aus (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/gidday-aus-135077/)

Australian Horse Trailers 08-19-2012 12:16 AM

Gidday from Aus

Howdy All, I'm a newbie forumite. I know a little about my chosen field and my network extends to central US where my trailers are manufactured. Not here to Hard Sell my products, just make conversation with friendly folk. Drop me a line if I can asisst. :wave:

MangoRoX87 08-19-2012 12:20 AM

Welcome!!:)
Posted via Mobile Device

HorseLovinLady 08-19-2012 12:24 AM

Welcome aboard!!

Australian Horse Trailers 08-19-2012 12:28 AM

Took me a bit to work out how to reply I think this is it.:wink:
What horses do you have and what do you do with them?
Thanks for the welcome.

makin tracks 08-28-2012 06:43 AM

Another Aussie is always welcome.

I have a lot of paddock ornaments.
Although I have started riding my 'young' (8yo) Arabian Percheron after a year off.

You?

PintoTess 08-28-2012 06:48 AM

Welcome fellow Aussie!

LittleAppy 08-28-2012 06:50 AM

Welcome fellow Aussie!:)
Posted via Mobile Device

Joe4d 08-28-2012 08:15 AM

Hey Aussi guys, we need some help, Need you to pound the AERA emails, FB page, what not. ( Australian Endurance) especially the business owners that are doing sponsorship, for their discriminatory rule and enforcement practices. SPecifically rule 3.4 which on the one hand states, All horses MUST walk trot canter,,,,,, Evidently some rides are prohibiting gaited breeds based on a literal interpretation of that rule. FEI international and american rules always put (or suitable gait) after any mention of trot. The Aussi rule book doesnt do this. I am sure this is just a verbiage error and not the intent of the organizer to arbitrarly ban entire breeds and could be fixed real easy with a simple memo.

EvilHorseOfDoom 08-28-2012 08:44 AM

Welcome fellow Aussie! As you can see, we're quite a throng here :D

Joe4d - I'm sure it wasn't even considered when the rules were first written given the lack of gaited horses (STBs excepted) out here. But some committee members in horse sports can be pretty snooty and keen to exclude. Just powertripping sadly, there's no logic behind excluding gaited horses. Hope you have some luck and get through to the right people and make some change!
Posted via Mobile Device

Australian Horse Trailers 08-28-2012 05:10 PM

Hi all, Thank you once again for all all the Welcomes. My partner and I ride Reining horses. We own a gelding each and breeding our mare this year to a US stud. She also has a paddock pony fellow lawn mowing friend. I have just traded up to a younger rising 4year old horse. We are also going to more cutting and campdrafting shows this year to display our trailers. Had a great response last weekend at NCHA Vic Cutting Futurity. Tell us what you do with your horses. Let us know what you think about our products we are on FB also. In regards to the gaited problem what do you want me to do and where should I go to do it? Sorry confused.