The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Reining (http://www.horseforum.com/reining/)
-   -   Your favorite reining saddles? (http://www.horseforum.com/reining/your-favorite-reining-saddles-135148/)

KarrotKreek 08-19-2012 09:38 PM

Your favorite reining saddles?

I'm ready to get a new reining saddle and would like your input on which saddles are your favorites? Are there certain stores that you like to deal with, and do you know of any that take trades?

For your favorite reining saddles, what are the features or reasons that you like them? If money were no object, do you have a reining saddle that would be on your wish list?

franknbeans 08-19-2012 09:44 PM

I have a Bob's KR reiner-LOVE it.

Australian Horse Trailers 08-20-2012 08:29 AM

I have a Bob's Duane Latimer and love it but if money was no object I'd have a Don Leson. His saddle pads are great too. They stick like glue so you don't have to run your cinch real tight. Of course this is only my opinion.

KarrotKreek 08-20-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franknbeans (Post 1651943)
I have a Bob's KR reiner-LOVE it.

Hmmm.... now that would really be a matching accessory for Remedy! My horse is from Kyle Ranch :-). I'll have to look that one up. Anything in particular that makes it stand out to you?

KarrotKreek 08-20-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Australian Horse Trailers (Post 1652382)
I have a Bob's Duane Latimer and love it but if money was no object I'd have a Don Leson. His saddle pads are great too. They stick like glue so you don't have to run your cinch real tight. Of course this is only my opinion.

I looked up the Donn Leson saddles, wow, very nice!
The pad is a great tip! I like the fact that it's lightweight and can just be hosed off. That's a real plus. Price was reasonable too. Thanks!

franknbeans 08-20-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarrotKreek (Post 1652566)
Hmmm.... now that would really be a matching accessory for Remedy! My horse is from Kyle Ranch :-). I'll have to look that one up. Anything in particular that makes it stand out to you?

It has a narrow twist, which is better on my old hips. I just cannot walk if ride in a regular saddle that is made more for a guy. I think the Bob's lady reiner is also a narrow twist. Many I know have a the Latimers and love them, but our trainers, who are also judges-well, they step it up. One swears by Sean Ryon saddles, and the other-Leddy. THe Leddy seem REALLY heavy to me. I like a little silver, not too much, with the engraved D and the tips on the silver thingys.:wink:

Australian Horse Trailers 08-20-2012 06:26 PM

I looked at both those sites also look good thank you. I know Leson make two types as the reinmaker and a custom. How do they all compare? I hope to see them when we get over there in April 2013.

nrhareiner 08-21-2012 10:55 AM

There are so many nice saddles out there. The thing is that to really find out what you like you need to ride in them for a bit. Unfortunitly unless you have a trainer who has a lot of different saddles it is hard.

Big thing I have found it find what fetures you like then find a saddle that has these fetures. When you get into the top level saddles there are just slight differances at the end of the day.

KA Custom Headstalls 08-22-2012 01:45 PM

I have a Bob's - its a great saddle!

kbjumper 08-26-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrhareiner (Post 1653814)
There are so many nice saddles out there. The thing is that to really find out what you like you need to ride in them for a bit. Unfortunitly unless you have a trainer who has a lot of different saddles it is hard.

Big thing I have found it find what fetures you like then find a saddle that has these fetures. When you get into the top level saddles there are just slight differances at the end of the day.

Thats how I found the best saddle ever, My trainer and i were building muscle on my Quarter that halfway through the saddle was bridging. So he stuck his Billy Cook #6005 Reiner on him and It rode like a dream! Im saving up to buy myself one but for the meantie he lets me use it for him anytime I want! I <3 trainers with a million saddles! I would give that saddle a try if I were you!