The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   chloe's first time out. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/chloes-first-time-out-13521/)

saraequestrian 08-17-2008 11:42 PM

chloe's first time out.

So me and a friend decided to take our horses out to the local cross country course. This is the first time I've EVER trailered chloe out somewhere.
It had been at least a year since chloe had been trailered so I was expecting her to be bad with the loading, basically. She was amazing, though, at loading. She walked right up and in, no problems at all :D

then we get to the showgrounds where the xc course is. She's obviously swinging her head around looking at things while I'm tacking her up. I warm her up in the arena next to the start of the course. It looked like I was riding a baby. She had her head really high, looking around etc. even when we were trotting. So we canter and jump some and then head off to do the xc jumps.

She was SOO GOOD! Mind you, they were like 2 ft high, but she had no refusals at anything, she was so brave. She even jumped up and down the steps. She was controllable, but her mind wasn't totally with me (which is understandable). But she was so good, I'm so proud of her.

sandy2u1 08-17-2008 11:53 PM

Gratz!!! Sounds like you have a very nice horse and have done a great job training her!

PoptartShop 08-18-2008 02:02 AM

Congrats, that's wonderful!! :)

mayfieldk 08-18-2008 02:35 AM

Best feeling ever, isn't it? :D

saraequestrian 08-18-2008 11:16 AM

yes it is the best feeling!
haha, my post probably sounds really jumbled because I was so excited.
and she's completely comfortable when we ride too. her sore back is all gone =]. so she's a COMPLETELY different horse. She used to be sour, and would hallow out her back when we rode. Now she's so willing and stretches down.