The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Western Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/)
-   -   Bling Belts? (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/bling-belts-135221/)

Zeke 08-20-2012 03:16 PM

Bling Belts?

Ok western riders, who has one??

I'm riding on a drill team and the outfit is all about being flashy. I decided instead of shelling out the $90 my local western wear/tack stores wanted, that I would make my own! I found a great Tony Lama belt with buckle online for $30 and bought $20 worth of crystals. It looks good so far, and I might post pictures in a little bit.

What does your belt look like? Post pictures!

Zeke 08-20-2012 05:27 PM

Anyone at least see/know of any bling belts they like? I'm just trying to find ideas to finish my belt up with, plus showing off the sparkles is fun!

MangoRoX87 08-21-2012 01:34 PM

Ooooh!! Same with my drill team;)

I only paid $55 for mine. It's print alligator, with a thick row of crystals along the top and bottom. Then in the middle, there is silver embordered barbwire all the way around. Every six inches or so there is a big square crystal:) I really like it!!
Posted via Mobile Device

MangoRoX87 08-21-2012 01:34 PM

Go google bling on a budget. First link, they have really cute belts and tack!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Zeke 08-21-2012 01:56 PM

Another drill rider?! Yeah!! I'm a newbie to it, but it's been a ton of fun so far! Your belt sounds cool. Alligator and silver embroidery...so unique.

I googled that website and it looks great, internet is just being super slow loading it right now :(

MangoRoX87 08-21-2012 02:23 PM

Is a slow loading website -.- like wayyyy tooo many pictures!!!

This was my last year on the team, I had to take a hiatus for college and wanting more time to ride and show my horses. I was on the Freedom Riders Equestrian Drill Team for 5 years and it was some of the most fun I have ever had on horseback:) I'd love to pick it back up in a couple years, but I might join a different team that competes more at a national level.

What's the name of your team??
Posted via Mobile Device

Zeke 08-21-2012 02:30 PM

Alright, this is my belt so far.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/85477846@N07/7832728828/

We are the Shooting Stars Drill team. We ride at a pro rodeo that's held in the arena our riding association owns and that's it. Going national would be awesome, I just don't have the time or money! You should google the Rainbow Riders in Ramona CA, they're close to me (and far from you, sorry) but they are a team like what you're looking for eventually I think. It's definitely a new way of riding for me, I didn't think I would enjoy the fast pace as much as I'm beginning to. I originally learned to ride english many years ago and everyone on the team calls me the hunter rider lol.

BarrelracingArabian 08-21-2012 02:30 PM

I have one mine was 65 i love it black with tons of crystals and big diamond type conchos and a big buckle with tons more crystals and some floral design to it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Zeke 08-21-2012 02:31 PM

grrr flickr isn't posting the photo huh?

Zeke 08-21-2012 02:32 PM

The more I see crystals all over the buckle, the more I'm thinking I need to do the same!

Between the site Mango shared and your belt's price BA, I should've just asked you guys first!