The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   Update On Enzo (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/update-enzo-135338/)

Hedgie 08-21-2012 06:15 PM

Update On Enzo

7 Attachment(s)
So recently, Enzo had about 3 weeks off from real dressage work. The first week, we did a lot of work on my position and strength while doing fun things for him (trips to the field, trail rides, pole work/cavalettis, bareback, etc.). It was really good for him, mentally. And he got a week off (advised by my trainer) after that. When I got back, we began slowly again. So this past week I've started asking more out of him again. Here are some pictures from our ride on Friday. I'm not really looking for a straight forward critique, but I would love to hear what people think and how to improve! We've only just begun dressage and are competing in Beginner Novice eventing. I know that (by no means) are we good, but I believe he is finally starting to get the muscle built up for proper dressage work.
Attachment 110345

Attachment 110341

Attachment 110342

Attachment 110344

And as a side note, today a new farrier (for those who remember, the same farrier that met us at a gas station to put a shoe on in an "emergency" situation) came to work on his front feet. (We were extremely disappointed by our old farrier when he consistently left Enzo's toes very long and the angles and amount of heel were completely uneven.) Our new farrier has worked wonders! His feet look ten times better, but still aren't perfect. This farrier believes that in 2 or 3 more visits everything should be right as rain. I'm hoping that this will improve his gaits (he had been a forger and a tripper lately).

And for a laugh, I arrived at the barn on Saturday telling my friend that I had never been bucked off. I rode bareback for a bit and then saddled Enzo to do some real work. After a great ride, I decided to do some things at the walk while Enzo was cooling out, like "Around the World"s, side saddle, and laying out across his back. In a moment of impulse (and stupidity), I eased myself back behind the saddle, very gently mind you, and all of a sudden, Enzo starting bucking. And needless to say I was tossed off his butt and slung to the ground. I'm fine and I don't blame Enzo - not at all! I got what I deserved and I've been more mindful of his back since then. Anyway, now I can say I have been bucked off in a very unique way. :D

Attachment 110346

Attachment 110347

kitten_Val 08-21-2012 07:11 PM

VERY cute horse! Looks very willing too. :)

Strange 08-21-2012 09:28 PM

Looks like you're going to blow them out of the water in your BN tests. ;)

He's super cute! Can't wait to see how you both progress!

ChipsAhoy 08-21-2012 10:17 PM

He's gorgeous and you both appear to be very talented. :D