The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   how does flash look? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/how-does-flash-look-135352/)

HarleyWood 08-21-2012 07:36 PM

how does flash look?

3 Attachment(s)
i was wondering what other people thought of my gelding, Flash. i had to take some time off from riding this past week as i got on my moms horse and he took off bucking when he had nothing on after i got him to trot around and stop turn around and stop to watch my other horse eat, my horse ended up spooking him and my horse went bucking then moms horse(who im on) and my horse after him i tried to jump off and my ankle landed wrong! adn sprained it pretty bad and may be off for another 2 weeks :/with little ridding! heres him last year at 4. (and a year and 3 months later) and the last two are from last night.

Attachment 110349

Attachment 110350

Attachment 110351
What do you guys think?

lilruffian 08-23-2012 09:57 PM

first off, love the pattern and color!
As for confo, i like his shoulder
Good depth of girth
Neck is a bit ewed
Good front legs
Rather bum high with a sharp slope to his croup
Back legs appear to be posty

Lins 08-23-2012 11:36 PM

He's quite swayed, very posty and looks a little wormy? Weak looking hind end and very sharp angles to his whole top line. Looks like he has tiny feet as well. Flashy colors!
Posted via Mobile Device

tinyliny 08-24-2012 12:02 AM

it is hard to tell his real conformation since he looks somewhat different in each photo. please take the time to line him up on flat ground and take photos from each side , very level, and front and rear.

I can say that his shoulder is upright but of a good size. His neck is set on low and his throatlatch is a wee bit thick, or maybe it's his head that is a bit large.
his front knees look good , front pasturns are short and upright.
hip is overly steep and rear legs are a bit posty with short , upright pasterns.

I bet he looks a lot better under saddle and when squared up. give him his best chance at a good confo critique by taking better photos, ok?

HarleyWood 08-24-2012 10:12 PM

ill try to take better picture but i was doing it by myself and he wouldnt stay still! and he has BIG head. he got wormed a few weeks ago. i haven ridden in 2 weeks as i sprained my ankle :/ im hoping to start ridding again and get him in shape better.