The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   Weaver air flex cinch? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/weaver-air-flex-cinch-135359/)

Haileyyy 08-21-2012 09:05 PM

Weaver air flex cinch?

I need a new cinch for my horse, we have nothing that really fits him as well as I would like. I have mainly used nylon/fleece or neoprene and prefer the latter. Mohair and the rope(cotton I guess?) have never really worked out for me...

But I did find a cinch that has caught my eye, and I would love to get some opinions on it before I buy it.

Saddles Tack Horse Supplies - ChickSaddlery.com Weaver Air Flex Roper Cinch

I have never really ridden with a roper cinch before, but have heard that it spreads out the weight better. I wouldn't consider myself a trail rider(I would have to go on a lot more trail rides!) but I am not a "weekend warrior". I ride 4-6 days a week, normally 1-2hrs. Sometimes more sometimes less. I will be riding more, and a little "harder", as the weather cools down.

Please let me know what you think about this cinch!

Joe4d 08-21-2012 09:45 PM

get the regular size, roper girths are for roping. You dont need em for trail riding and you are just adding more stuff for no reason.

Haileyyy 08-21-2012 10:20 PM

Will do! My neighbor swears by roper cinches so I was considering getting one, but it does seem unnessecary if I am not roping haha.

Still curious about this girth though. Anyone have one? If so, does it not absorb as much heat as stated in the ad? Also, how easy is it to clean?

myhorsesonador 08-21-2012 10:24 PM

I have one, and I love love love it! It does work a lot better, my mare stayed a lot cooler, and she moved out better, than when I was using other types. It cleanse up super easy 2.

I have the roper, because I've always been told that it helps distribute the weight better.

flyawayhorse 08-30-2012 12:44 PM

I just recently got one and so far it seems my horse is enjoying it. So I have had a positive experience so far....

tim62988 09-02-2012 08:00 AM

i'm not sure which models you can get at tractor supply, but I know they carry some at our local store

Celeste 09-02-2012 08:19 AM

I have 2 weaver air flex cinches. I got the regular, not the roper.

First I bought one for my horse. She is extremely touchy and sensitive if anything is wrong, and she does great with this cinch. My husband's horse was getting rubs in her cinch area so we bought her one. There are no more rubs. The saddle does less slipping with this cinch. You don't have to worry about getting things quite as tight because it is not as slippy as some cinches. I think that these are the best cinches I have owned.

(They should hire me to advertise them.... lol)

Saddlebag 09-05-2012 11:18 PM

Whenever air is mentioned in either a cinch or saddle pad you can bet your booties it is neoprene. If anyone here has worn a wet suit you will know how hot they can get. It is made of neoprene. Air channels on the Weaver. They squash when the cinch is tightened so I can't see how air would move across it. I'm a die hard fan of the mohair string cinches. Wool's hygroscopic properties wick moisture away from the horse and less chance of developing cinch sores. The skin overheats with neoprene and can cause rapid skin breakdown.

myhorsesonador 09-06-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saddlebag (Post 1673265)
Whenever air is mentioned in either a cinch or saddle pad you can bet your booties it is neoprene. If anyone here has worn a wet suit you will know how hot they can get. It is made of neoprene. Air channels on the Weaver. They squash when the cinch is tightened so I can't see how air would move across it. I'm a die hard fan of the mohair string cinches. Wool's hygroscopic properties wick moisture away from the horse and less chance of developing cinch sores. The skin overheats with neoprene and can cause rapid skin breakdown.

Don't knock it till you try it.

Even when tight the channels are open, and my mare was less hot after riding. Not even the cinch was warm.

I will never use another cinch.

CLaPorte432 09-06-2012 12:23 AM

889 Attachment(s)
I have one for each saddle i own. I love them. My horses are comfortable in them, they are easy to clean and good quality.
Posted via Mobile Device