The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/)
-   -   Pictures! (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/pictures-135375/)

Strange 08-21-2012 11:00 PM

Pictures!

6 Attachment(s)
I can't recall if I ever posted photos from when I was working in Maryland last year and did my first Preliminary. I was just browsing some old facebook pictures and found a couple of the XC photos I bought (I own all the rights to them, can do whatever I want with them now, which was more expensive than I had hoped but oh well) so I thought I would make a quick post now, because I remember quite a few of you were really supportive through my time as a working student.

I was the head groom for a coach/rider in Lexington, but about two months ago I left to come back to Colorado to take some time away from horses (I got incredibly burnt out. It was one of the hardest things for me to go through) and finish school, plus maybe explore some other interests I have. Now I'm going through withdrawal (about 2 months since I last sat on a horse) and found myself drawn back to HF and horses and I'm going bonkers over here.

Anyway, cheers! The first four are from when I was going prelim, the rest are just randoms that I love.

MyBoyPuck 08-23-2012 08:04 PM

You sure have a nice position. Good timing on posting these. I'm already psyched for a XC clinic I'm doing this weekend. Now I really want to go and work toward looking like that!

Strange 08-23-2012 11:45 PM

Well thanks! My position is something I've always tried really hard on to keep consistent and solid.

My biggest fault is that I don't always hold through my core, so as I land my back gets all wiggly. I don't know how to describe it. But I've noticed the more I try to fix it the worse it gets, so the lady I worked for in Maryland just stopped talking to me about it and just made me do more sitting trot and lunge lessons. xDD As I stopped worrying about it and got a stronger core, it slowly went away. Now I have a feeling I'd be all over the place!

Quixotic 08-25-2012 07:40 PM

You look great, and the horse looks like he absolutely loves his job! Thanks for sharing these!

kitten_Val 08-26-2012 02:58 PM

Great photos! I didn't know you moved from Maryland BTW.

Strange 08-27-2012 03:55 PM

Thanks KV.

Yeah, after my year was over (12/10-12/11) I had a discussion with Mogie and we decided it would be in my best interest to keep trying to learn from other people. There just wasn't a whole lot left for me to do there due to my lack of owning a horse. The most I would've been able to do would've been maybe compete at Prelim a few more times and continue to get lessons. Which, by the way, are still the best lessons I've ever had lol. Mogie's by far my favorite instructor.