The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Henny is coming home!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/henny-coming-home-135586/)

Kayella 08-23-2012 06:04 PM

Henny is coming home!!

10 Attachment(s)
As some of you may know, my baby boy Henny will be coming home this Saturday! I am so extremely excited, I cannot wait for my Henny baby to be with me.

A little background: I was searching for a stallion to breed my mare to. I came across an ad for a gorgeous black tobiano stallion, and got in contact with the breeder. I instantly switched from breeding my mare to purchasing a foal in utero. One breeding caught my eye, genetically guaranteed to be a buckskin tobiano or a smokey black tobiano. With buckskins and paints being my favorite color, and both parents having great conformation, I jumped at the chance and paid the baby off in 3 months.

I had an inkling one morning that my baby had been born, and surprise, I got an email from the breeder saying the baby was here! Mama was being protective so she couldn't sex the baby, but she said it was a gorgeous buckskin foal with LOTS of chrome. I was hopping around the office I was so excited. I came home to pictures of my baby colt, Hennessy! He was the cutest little thing I'd ever seen, and immediately fell in love with him. Seeing as how I paid him off before he was born, I was able to choose the registered name. With the help of the FB group, I was able to come up with "Swen Sparks Fly." Not only did I have a flashy baby, he had a flashy name!

Henny was born April 23rd. My birthday is April 19th. My sister's birthday is the 24th. I also have two friends, ThirteenAcres(Tori) and Harley_D(Carrie) who had colts born on the same day! Henny was weaned August 13, and will be ready for pickup on Saturday. I'll be making a 4 hour drive one way to get my little monster, but he is so worth it! And for reading this novel, you will get plenty of pictures :) The pictures are in chronological order. I will definitely be posting more pictures when he gets home!

Strange 08-23-2012 06:07 PM

He's so stinkin cute! I can't wait to see more pictures!

TwisterRush 08-23-2012 06:09 PM

Oh my goodness ! he is ADORABLE. when you pick him up PLEASE get more pictures <3 <3 I love his registered name also (:

Kayella 08-23-2012 06:14 PM

Thanks, guys! Best little surprise I've ever gotten!

And believe me, there will be a buttload of pictures! I went to visit him when he was 2 weeks old, and took 300 pictures LOL

Britt 08-23-2012 06:34 PM

Soooo adorable!

Kayella 08-23-2012 07:00 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I also thought I'd include pics of the parents, and his pedigree!

His pedigree is here: Swen Sparks Fly Paint

His dam is pictured just days before foaling. She's a big mama! Black Jack is gorgeous, and had a great temperment. We were able to pet him and her other stallion and they were as calm as can be being pastured next to each other!

oh vair oh 08-23-2012 09:13 PM

YAY! Henny <3 he's gorgeous

Tianimalz 08-23-2012 10:09 PM

I am SOOO excited!!! He is growing like a weed! And those muscle lines!! JEESH! Part of me will be sad if he get's gelded, even though I have no mares that'd breed well to him :lol: Just so darn gorgeous, you'll be the envy of ANY trail ride you go on.

Kayella 08-23-2012 10:15 PM

Haha thanks, Tia! Believe me, y'all will be the first to see pictures of my baby boy.

Thanks, OVO! Him and Lily will be champs in the yearling lunge linge :wink:

Tianimalz 08-23-2012 10:17 PM

Dude, I'm stalking your facebook page the minute I wake up on Saturday :rofl: