The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Tall boot search - big feet, tall / slim calves (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/tall-boot-search-big-feet-tall-135630/)

caseymyhorserocks 08-24-2012 02:03 AM

Tall boot search - big feet, tall / slim calves

Well. The search is on for the right tall boots... am going to have to get some hopefully before next summer. I went into a tack store today and couldn't find anything but some Donatellos were close but the foot was just a little to small and calf too big (in extra small) , although at this rate I may have to buy some with too big a calf and have someone make the calf smaller. The woman at the tack shop says I have a calf just smaller than 13, but my foot size is 10-11 and from inside of my heel to mid knee is about 18 inches. Any suggestions? My budget is limited, so no customs unless they are under 350! Oh and field boots prefferred but might consider stretchy dress boots. Oh yes, Im doing eventing so they have to be appropriate for that. I am also considering looking into men sizes as their calves tend to be smaller if I cant find amything. Thanks!

verona1016 08-24-2012 11:27 AM

I'm no help, I have the exact opposite problems as you. Just wanted to say, I wish I could trade calf measurements with you. It would make finding size 6.5 boots much easier for me, though I'd still have short legs :-)

caseymyhorserocks 08-25-2012 04:16 AM

Haha tall boots never seem to fit us minority! We need bigger calves, taller legs, etc.

jumanji321 08-25-2012 04:27 AM

Ugh! I know what it's like finding tall boots that fit. My calves and feet are pretty average, but apparently, almost every single boot company thinks all equestrians have beanpole calves and uber long feet. I managed to find a pair of treadstones that fit me. They had nice elastic along the zipper so they had some give. They also had to be XW in the calf though...

Cruiser 08-25-2012 08:39 AM

I have the problem too, I take a size 10, 13 inch calf, and 20 to 21 inches tall, you can't find many if any places that sell that tall and thin.

caseymyhorserocks 08-25-2012 10:17 PM

Went to another tack store today (im away on a short vacation) but had no luck. Ugh!

caseymyhorserocks 08-27-2012 05:45 PM

Any one??

Saddlebag 08-27-2012 10:49 PM

Have you thought of trying on men's. I have a 3,3/4" wide foot and most are sold in B width, too narrow for me. Men's works fine for me. Just be sure the instep is ok and comfortable.

ilovemyhorsies 08-28-2012 12:30 PM

I have biiiiiig feet and skinny little legs so I know how you're feeling!

I absolutely love my Ariat Bromonts.. they fit like a glove and are so supportive and comfortable. The zip up is a bonus too ;)
They cost me about $325AUD..

Daisy25 08-28-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruiser (Post 1659254)
you can't find many if any places that sell that tall and thin.

And that's for any item of clothing - not just boots...

I think clothing manufacturers have yet to figure out that people come in all shapes and sizes.