The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   Has anyone tried this saddle? (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/has-anyone-tried-saddle-135635/)

RhinestoneCowgirl03 08-24-2012 02:59 AM

Has anyone tried this saddle?

Kent and Masters dressage saddles. I've been eyeing the S Series dressage, but they're not as common in the US so I haven't been able to find a ton of into on them. I like saddles that are supportive but not forceful. For example, I can not stand bates/wintec isabells, but I have liked the bates caprilli, stubben tristan, and anky euro xch. I'm still searching for "perfect" though.

newhorsemom 08-24-2012 11:55 AM

My daughter has one and she loves it. We had were having some issues with previous poorly fitting saddles so we had a fitter come out and ended up with a Kent & Masters saddle because it fit both horse and rider well. We didn't do much shopping around for better quality or different brand name because my daughter is only 11 so there aren't too many saddles available that will properly fit both her and her horse. Also, we able to stay within our budget with this saddle so that was good too. Absolutely no regrets.

I would highly recommend getting a qualified saddle fitter to make sure it is the right fit - poorly fitting saddles can be really problematic!

Good luck!

RhinestoneCowgirl03 08-24-2012 12:42 PM

How is the leather quality? From the little I have read, some people don't care for the leather. I don't need it to be amazing, but it does need to hold up. There aren't any saddle fitters or even tack stores really anywhere near me, but I'm going to see if I can get some long distance advice. I am pretty good at figuring out if saddles fit myself, but I'm no pro. I'm also thinking of seeing if I can drive over to MN because saddlefitter.com has lots of nice saddles and she's a qualified saddle fitter.

newhorsemom 08-24-2012 01:41 PM

The leather quality is fine, but I'm no leather expert. We knew this was not a high end saddle and we were pleasantly surprised by the leather when we got the saddle. It is quite soft however, we've only had the saddle 6 months or so and my daughter regularly cleans and conditions it so that helps. We are having another fitting next month so we'll know if the fit has changed with all of the riding dd had done this summer. The horse is moving much better than she has in the past with other saddles so I think that it is probably still a good fit. I would be happy to pm you after we have another fitting if you'd like.