The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ordering online?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  kitten_Val 
#1 ·
So, finding the supplements and the Triple Crown 30% Supplement is proving to be quite hard. We've tried the two dealers listed on their website, with no luck, plus the only feed stores around here are Purina and Nutrena dealers. I'm sure I can probably find rice bran around, but I can't find any store that has Triple Crown.. or any supplements.

With that being said, does anyone order from any online sites? Particularly the ones that ship to Canada? I bet if we asked one of the places in Maine, they'd let us ship it all there if we ordered.. but it'd be more convenient to just ship it to our house, although I'm thinking it'd be less practical.

#2 ·
As far as the Triple Crown, you may have to go to Plan "B".

I am pretty sure there are some Canadian folks on this forum. Hopefully they can give you some top name brands of feeds to look into.

In the meantime (waiting for some of our Northern friends to come in:), if you Google "Canadian Horse Feeds", you will get some hits to look into.

If the Triple Crown 30% is what you were going with, try to find a ration balancer in Canada that has the closest possible ingredients. It might be a long shot but, Triple Crown may even be able to help you cross-reference their 30% to something similar in Canada.

Paying for shipping even 50 lbs of feed across the the U.S. border would most likely be astronomical and not at all cost-effective. Writing that check would grow old quick:-(

As far as supplements, you may have to do that thru a veterinary catalog like United Vet Equine or Valley Vet. I'm betting the Canadian folks will have a better answer for that, too:D

In the meantime, you could always call UVE and Valley Vets' 800 numbers to see if they can ship to Canada.

I should own stock in both these companies - meaning I know they are very reputable, ethical, great to do business with and ship on time:D

United Vet Equine - horse supplies, equine supplies, horse nutrition, horse supplements, horse vaccines

I just spent over $300 with Valley Vet for medical supplies for my horse with the torn ligaments and sesamoiditis. I bought large quantities - his recovery (thus poulticing/wrapping will probably take until Armageddon gets here:-:)-(

The shipment actually arrived faster than I expected:D
Horse Supplies, Pet Supplies, Farm Supplies, Goat Supplies - Valley Vet Supply

#3 ·
I'm thinking that I'll have to as well.. I'm sure it won't be too hard to find a feed of similar calibre, but now I'll have to head back to the draw board!

I have an idea for the supplements though, smartpakequine.com has free shipping.. and even though it doesn't do international shipping, perhaps I could talk to somebody over at one of the feed stores overcross and I could have it shipped there and then pick it up. :)

I'm going to take a look into our somewhat local ShurGain, and see what they have.. so I'll likely be coming back here for input. Hopefully I find something though. We'd probably just pay for Honey, and then have her brought down once we have the majority of supplies plus the first "round" of food or two.

There's just so much planning involved.. although it's going to be worth it in the end. :)

As for that website, I believe it does ship to Canada as I checked on the shipping information and the foreign orders were considered outside of the US and Canada. Plus it sells a bunch of other stuff as well, so that's even better!

#4 ·
I ordered supplements from SmartPack in past. They are very reliable and customer service is nice. Valley Vet is also a good place to order. (but I'm in US, not Canada, so not sure about shipping, I'd recommend to give them a call and inquire!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.