The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Made My Day (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/made-my-day-135721/)

Mason72 08-24-2012 11:14 PM

Made My Day

Rough day at work, actually rough few weeks. So today I went out to ride. Walking to the field I was like dang it is way way too hot to ride.. I dont feel like it. So I decided I will catch Charger and brush him and apply fly spray. Go into the field I dont see him.. Kind of a hilly pasture so he could be anywhere. I stop and whistle for him and yell his name, stand there a minute and next thing I know he is coming around a tree line at the bottom of hill in a killer gait with his tail up in the air, straight to me. I was like dang that is freaking cool. Some of you know Ive been out of horses for years and just got him about 3 weeks ago. Ive been going out and messing with him trying to get the rust off of myself and get to know him. Last week he came to me from across the field and I thought that is cool, he doesnt do it everytime but I was like I think the ole guy knows he belongs to me. Today just made my day.. Sorry its corny and cheesy but just had to make a post about it. LOL I realized several months ago how bad I missed having a horse.. Today reaffirmed why I am back... Thanks for reading and happy trails...

nvr2many 08-24-2012 11:33 PM

I totally get it!!! That is so cool!!! Thanks for sharing.

Silent one 08-25-2012 12:30 AM

I understand! Nothing like that feeling. We really baby our horses around here and they will all come flying when they hear us whistle or ring the bell. Beautiful feeling to have the whole herd come flying to you!

TwisterRush 08-25-2012 11:54 PM

Thats the best feeling ever when your horse honestly does that (:
My current boy Demitri did that the second time I met with him and I knew then that he was going to be mine, just makes your heart drop <3

Horse racer 08-26-2012 04:42 PM

I love that! The horses I take care of, every time I ring the dinner bell, they come in a full out dead sprint kinda racing each other and then when they reach the stall hit the brakes real fast and let out a big snort! Makes my heart skip a beat by how awesome and majestic it is!:D