The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   I have finally made a decision (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/i-have-finally-made-decision-135832/)

RedTree 08-26-2012 07:50 AM

I have finally made a decision

So I haven't really been on here lately, but some of you may remember me... maybe? maybe not...

I'll give some background info on what I have finally deceided

So I have my horse Buzz, he's a 17 year old 15.2 TB, who in his life has done everything but nothing really... if that makes sense.
I'll explain, he was a race horse, too slow, then moved on to lead horse, then a polo horse, which I think he was again to slow, then he did barrels where the person who had him didn't really treat him the best.
Now that I have him he does eventing, low level stuff.
I only really started competing last year and this is where my decision came in.

Buzz being an older horse, especially now, gets aches and pains from the strenous stuff I want to do with him, not to mention he get frustrated in my dressage lessons as he has never really been asked to move and do these things before (I only really started lessons on him last month and each time he has a fit). It's not even anything that bad just asking him to move and work into the bit.

So I have finally deceided to sell/lease Buzz out next year :-)
I ope that he goes to a pleasure home, I know he ca still do all the stuff I want him to, it's just I don't want to cause him any unnecessary pain.

Anyway I just needed to tell people :-)

I feel really good about the decision, hopefully next year I will be on the search for my next horse :D

Saskia 08-26-2012 07:55 AM

That's sad, but I'm glad you have made a decision you are happy with.

Sometimes its hard to be honest with yourself about what you want and the action you need to take.

It's always a relief to finally make a decision.

Best of luck!

TwisterRush 08-26-2012 11:18 AM

Good luck ! Sorry to hear you had to sell him, but I hope you ended up making the right decision in the end and he will have a happy time with who ever his new family may be, and you find the horse you are looking for.

RedTree 08-31-2012 07:43 AM

I'm glad I have made the decision, it's defiantly going to be hard but I think that's whats best for Buzz :)