The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Draft Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/draft-horses/)
-   -   tack (http://www.horseforum.com/draft-horses/tack-13585/)

Gingerrrrr 08-19-2008 02:44 AM

tack

does anyone have any sites to get tack to fit drafts? im looking for an english saddle thats not too expensive.

Kirsti Arndt 08-19-2008 09:38 AM

Frontier Equestrian= in Missouri just got on the site and the saddles are very inexpensive dont have a clue about their quality
i will ask my BM she bought all of Sonnys gear on line-

Ozzys mum 08-21-2008 11:01 AM

I have a wide Wintec all purpose saddle with the extra wide gullet system you can change.
Its in Kelowna British Columbia, but I was thinking of putting it on ebay if I could figure that darn thing out.
I'm looking for $400 Canadian, but am open to offers.
I will see if I can find out more information on it, and can take a photo of it if your interested. Its at our local tack store on consignment right now.

Gingerrrrr 08-21-2008 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozzys mum
I have a wide Wintec all purpose saddle with the extra wide gullet system you can change.
Its in Kelowna British Columbia, but I was thinking of putting it on ebay if I could figure that darn thing out.
I'm looking for $400 Canadian, but am open to offers.
I will see if I can find out more information on it, and can take a photo of it if your interested. Its at our local tack store on consignment right now.

pics would be good! im looking for it to fit a percheron.

Solon 10-12-2008 09:01 PM

My Perch's Wintec has a 10" wide gullet. The XL gullet in the change system didn't fit him.

How much does the Perch weigh that you are looking to fit? What are the withers/shoulders like? Do you have pictures of the horse?

Gingerrrrr 10-12-2008 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solon (Post 165635)
My Perch's Wintec has a 10" wide gullet. The XL gullet in the change system didn't fit him.

How much does the Perch weigh that you are looking to fit? What are the withers/shoulders like? Do you have pictures of the horse?

i ended up not getting him.

Solon 10-13-2008 12:08 AM

I didn't realize this thread was from August!!

My2Geldings 10-13-2008 12:52 AM

Duett saddles are made for drafts and are inexpensive. Not sure about the quality tho but the gullet sizes are quite big.