The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Western Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/)
-   -   Need to know what all you Western riders wear... (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/need-know-what-all-you-western-135913/)

PurpleMonkeyWrench 08-27-2012 03:31 AM

Need to know what all you Western riders wear...

for pants lol I have been riding in jeans. Is it weird to wear breeches for Western riding?

lovewesternhorses 08-27-2012 04:09 AM

Hi There

Personally, I ride in jeans. You can get some really nice jeans now with no seams. You can also get some good stretch material jeans too which are comfortable. I personally don't like riding in breeches (in NZ we call them Jodhpurs) but that's simply because you can't wear them showing, so don't wear them training/trail riding. However... I am looking at doing English classes in the western showing, so will need to get myself some.. and will need to practice in them before the shows, so yes I would ride in them then. Not usually though. Hope this answers your question.

PintoTess 08-27-2012 05:09 AM

I am not a western rider but I DO wear western clothes. I wear Wrangler Q-Baby jeans, and nice long sleeved collared shirt and a nice belt and buckle :)

nrhareiner 08-27-2012 10:32 AM

Wranglers. Show in them train in them work in them you name it.

LegendsChic 08-27-2012 10:36 AM

Jeans, whichever is comfortable for me. I do have several pairs of Auras and Q Babys, but I've also got Carhartts too.

Dreamcatcher Arabians 08-27-2012 11:11 AM

I've ridden in breeches in Western classes but made sure they were the same color as my chaps. When I've had to switch quick from hunt to a western pleasure class at a show, I've tossed on a western shirt over the Ratcatcher, pulled on chaps and western boots and run for the arena. Otherwise, I prefer to ride in jeans, I think they're more comfortable.

bsms 08-27-2012 11:36 AM

Wranglers. $15.88 at Wal-Mart. I spare no expense in my riding....

QHriderKE 08-27-2012 03:04 PM

I ride in jeggings from Bluenotes. I just put my boots on a go. I like them cause they're stretchy and they stay where they are.

2muchcoffeeman 08-27-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrhareiner (Post 1661296)
Wranglers. Show in them train in them work in them you name it.

To quote Bill Murray in Stripes, "THAT'S! THE FACT! JACK!"

Wrangler 31MWZs all day every day. Even to my office job. :-)

waresbear 08-27-2012 03:26 PM

Cut-offs, bikini top & bare feet! Ok, that was one time last week when it hot, usually Qbabys for everyday riding, for showing I like the Hobbyhorse sidezip pants. I really don't recommend the cut-offs on a bareback horse unless you have really tough skin on your butt, it's been a week now and I still have a raw bottom!
Posted via Mobile Device