The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thankful for the rain, not for the mess in my barn!

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  equiniphile 
#1 ·
So yesterday I woke up to a big ol mess in my barn :-( My outdoor arena borders the north side of my stall barn. It was worked on Saturday and the downspout extensions that take the water away from the barn weren't put back on. Not naming names *cough* DH *cough*. So the 2 1/2 inches of rain we got Sunday evening ran into the barn and flooded the area where I store bedding, the skid loader, 4-wheeler, tractor, etc.

I cleaned, filled and leveled it myself. Pretty proud of my skills with the skid loader :lol:

The muck that filled the whole area
Straw Hay Grass Branch Plant

Halfway done & filled - the pile on the left was insulation that stupid raccoons tore up - cleaning up dirt-filled, wet, shredded insulation made me say swear words.
Floor Room Flooring Hardwood Basement

After :D
Vehicle Car Room Garage Vintage car

And my hubby (I think he felt guilty) made me a quick throw together shelf for my radio & junk. I have a horrible habit of tossing stuff down there by the arena. Now it has a home, yay! :D
Garage Vehicle Room Shed Car

See less See more
#4 ·
I did wear a mask, gloves past my elbows too lol! Though it was damp so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. It was back in the corner behind lumber, stupid raccoons. Putting caps on all of the walls is next on my to do list so they can't get in there again. Luckily no mice, I've got awesome barn cats :)

#6 ·
Ah cruddy!!
Ain't that just like a man!
He creates a huge mess that YOU have to clean up and all you get is a lousy shelf!!!! LOL!

Poor guy, I bet he felt horrible!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: CLaPorte432
#7 ·
Eww Starline, that's awful! Definitely sucks. Plenty of work without mother nature's help!

Fly - I'm so sharing that comment with my hubby...mama needs new boots lol! He did feel bad. It's all good though, that low spot needed filled anyway.
Posted via Mobile Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.