The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Memorials (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/)
-   -   It's been rough... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/its-been-rough-136051/)

eventerwannabe 08-28-2012 07:38 PM

It's been rough...

It has been so hard coming to terms with losing this special little mare. She really was something else and I just feel blessed to have been able to make her last days pleasant. I don't think I have ever had a horse tell me so much about myself. What makes me the saddest is that I wasn't able to help her as much as she did me. When I was able to see my wonderful trainer hopped on her finally, Piper was beyond proud of herself. I wish it would have lasted longer, she was going to be something out of this world. But everything happens for a reason.... Right? Doesn't always feel that way, but I really do believe it. And I'm slowly accepting this entire nightmare as one big learning experience. Piper had her lesson to teach me and I absorbed every bit of it. I hope it carries through with Wally, I'm trying so hard to do right by him. He's my world and I wouldn't have him if I hadn't have lost Piper. It's such a harsh truth to accept. So I just have to try my best to thank Piper for what she did for me. Wally is honestly my dream horse, I can't imagine my life without him right by my side. That horse is my everything. So here's to Piper... Thanks for watching over Wallace and me. I honestly can't thank you enough for what you've done, even if it has been terribly difficult.

- Nerissa

Roperchick 08-28-2012 07:41 PM

You have a friend for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.....its the same for horses....there was a reason she was in your life.
im sorry for your loss, but i am happy that you have Wally to lean on when times get hard without her.

Oldhorselady 08-28-2012 09:50 PM

Sorry for your loss. I know it' tough.

HorseLovinLady 09-08-2012 06:02 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. :-(