The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hello everyone! (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hello-everyone-136105/)

Begum 08-29-2012 12:47 PM

Hello everyone!

Hi, i just sign in horseforum , i have some question about buying a horse.

I have been researching friesen for 2 years to buy one in my country now i found a farm a new farm who start selling friesen. In october I will go to see the horses, but i have a very simple question about the gender should i buy a boy or a girl? I have 7 dogs and if someone ask me about gender i can explane boy or a girl but have no idea about horses.

I want a horse be calm so one more question about age, should I buy a young like 1 year old or 5-6 years old or more than 10?

Can someone help me about my questions?

ps: sorry about language i can speak but didnt write since 2008 so...

texasgal 08-30-2012 11:27 AM

Welcome! Your english is not bad.

It is good that you are researching. Read and research as often as you can.

Older horses with more experience are always better than a young horse.

Find a teacher to learn about horses and riding from.

Have fun!

Begum 08-30-2012 11:33 AM

Thank you.

I just sign to a class but like an university there are classroom and also riding courses. It is in my city Konvoy Country Club and this is also the place that I will put my horse.

Now I am searching an older horse because in here I found one 1 year old and other 4 years old but not accept riding so those are not trained for ride.

May be in February I can buy one in Holland, till then I already start to educate my self. And I decide to buy a mare. Thank you for your respond :)

Country Woman 08-30-2012 11:33 AM

Welcome to the forum
do lots of research on different farms too
do get a trainer
Good luck

HorseLovinLady 08-31-2012 04:23 PM

Welcome!!

Begum 11-13-2012 12:17 PM

Hello again i bought a french horse 11 years old which i want to add here but can not find how? could you help me about? He's name is Loik i ride him like a month and took care of him every night after work.
@country man thank you for your advise also because i really visit other farm too and find my loik in other farm.