The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Critique Paint mare? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/critique-paint-mare-136141/)

Goosey 08-29-2012 09:00 PM

Critique Paint mare?

3 Attachment(s)
This is a potential buy, and I'm just after some general ideas about her? :)
She is 8, 15hh and in paddock condition - just being brought back into work.
She is the one with the tiny star in the photos with the other horse

tinyliny 08-29-2012 10:49 PM

The photos are not of a type that allows good judgement of her conformation , but as for my first impression; Cute! I like her. She looks to have a nice back and good legs and overall nice balance. Definintely worth looking into.

Goosey 08-29-2012 11:10 PM

Im going to see her towards the end of the month, so will try to get good conformation shots of her then...These are just the photos the owner sent me :D
The only thing i noticed is her stance...her front legs seem to be really underneath her. I don't know how to explain it..Not sure if its a problem or not though haha

cowgirl4753 08-29-2012 11:19 PM

Ya I noticed the front leg thing as well, my mare looked the same way in the pics that I got sent to me when I was looking into her. Turns out all she needed was a proper trim.
I agree the pics aren't great for a confo critique, but from what I can see has decent bone nice hip and overall a good looking horse. If I were in your shoes I'd go and take a look at her!
Posted via Mobile Device

MyBrandy 08-31-2012 04:18 PM

She looks nice :) Of course I am very particular to paints LOL, she look nice and stout, neck seems to tie in well, but would like to see better side picture, pretty head. Cannon bones look short and decent wither, back looks nice and short.. I like her :) Would like to see her move..

MyBrandy 08-31-2012 04:20 PM

That being said, still would like to see better confo pictures on hard ground standing square and pics of her hooves

Goosey 09-02-2012 06:20 AM

Thanks MyBrandy! Yes I can't wait to see her, I'll try to take a video as well as some better confo shots...Otherwise if I end up buying her, Ill definitely get conformation shots from every angle haha :)

Dreamcatcher Arabians 09-02-2012 08:59 AM

All I can tell from these pics is, cute! and she seems to have a nice level topline. The standing underneath herself thing, isn't that big a deal. I have a horse who does that everytime I try to get a good confo pic, he stops with his front legs under himself and then moves as soon as I give up and take the pic. GRRRRRR! See what she does in person, it'll be more 'honest' than just a quick snapshot.