The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Plus Sized Riders (http://www.horseforum.com/plus-sized-riders/)
-   -   Ate healthy, Exercised and put on weight?! (http://www.horseforum.com/plus-sized-riders/ate-healthy-exercised-put-weight-136259/)

JamieLeighx 08-31-2012 08:30 AM

Ate healthy, Exercised and put on weight?!

So Almost a month ago I decided I'm fed up being a chub and began to eat healthy and started exercising, turns out I've put on almost a stone.
I have been doing basically every thing from crunches to cycling to swimming..
I have ate hardly any bad foods at all.
I am absolutely raging.
What do you guys do to lose weight effectively and keep it off?
Posted via Mobile Device

Drifting 08-31-2012 08:46 AM

You probably gained muscle, which unfortunately weighs more than fat. Keep it up though! I usually gain a few pounds when I start working out as I gain muscle, then start losing

farmpony84 08-31-2012 08:51 AM

Ignore your weight and go off the way your clothes fit. Measure in inches rather than weight.

JamieLeighx 08-31-2012 08:53 AM

What if I just keep putting on? Its been almost 4 weeks and I've just put on:(
Posted via Mobile Device

JamieLeighx 08-31-2012 08:54 AM

Sorry Farmpony I didn't see your reply, I haven't really noticed a change in my clothes yet..
Posted via Mobile Device

Drifting 08-31-2012 08:55 AM

Like farmpony said, measure your waist and see if your loosing inches. Eventually you will drop the pounds, but if your loosing inches that just means your trimming the fat and turning it into muscle.

Jewelsb 08-31-2012 08:55 AM

Do more cardio if possible. Cardio sucks but it was the only thing that made me lose weight and fast!

DancingArabian 08-31-2012 08:58 AM

Go by your measurements. You sound like you might lose weight the same way I do. After a point the numbers only serve to make you feel bad.

For example, I weigh 150pounds (just under 11 stones I think?), but I wear a size 0-4 depending on the cut of the pants -- usually a 0 since I don't like the super low cut stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device

JamieLeighx 08-31-2012 09:04 AM

I can't run to save my life lol, how effective is the cross trainer? When I use it I am totally out of breathe by the time i'm finished but the next day I don't feel it at all? Whereas the first day I went back to riding I wasn't out of breathe at all but I was sore everywhere for the next 3 days.
Posted via Mobile Device

Joe4d 08-31-2012 09:15 AM

4 weeks isnt really enough time to see much results. Takes time and effort. Throw your scale away and quit worriing about weight. Alternate cardio days and heavy weights days, watch the portions, and stay away from fake foods. If you cant look at it and tell what it came from its a fake food.