The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barrel Racing (http://www.horseforum.com/barrel-racing/)
-   -   What are all the different "gameing" events (http://www.horseforum.com/barrel-racing/what-all-different-gameing-events-136296/)

SplashedOvero 08-31-2012 07:08 PM

What are all the different "gameing" events

I guess you would called it that or timed events lol Idk.
Like I know Barrel racing,pole bending speed barrels?

CLaPorte432 08-31-2012 07:13 PM

893 Attachment(s)
In my area we have...
- barrels
- poles
- down and back
- speed and action
- kegs
- flags
- down and back flags
- keyhole
Posted via Mobile Device

DrumRunner 08-31-2012 07:18 PM

I found that a lot of places have different names for the same thing.

We have
Cloverleaf
Poles
Cones
Texas Barrels - 3 in a straight line, weave them.
Arena- 1 barrel at the end of the arena

These are only seen at fun shows
Potato Race
Keyhole
Diagonal Texas - 3 in a line but placed at an angle.
Magazine Race
Boot Race
Double Bareback
Streamer Race

BarrelRacer67 09-01-2012 05:55 PM

At our local rodeo, we have cloverleaf barrels, texas barrels, and pole bending. Oh, can't forget buddy pick-up! But I'm not sure if that counts! Haha :P

27cfmd 09-03-2012 01:11 AM

It seems that everywhere has diffferent ones, but around here we have

-Barrels
-Poles
-Figure 8
-Half 8
-Polo Turn
-Quadrangle
-Big T
-Two barrel Flag
-International Flag
-Stake Race
-Keyhole
-Keypole
-Bi-rangle
-Speed Barrels

I think there are more but I can't think of them....

JustaSkippenJess 09-04-2012 12:41 AM

There are TONS of games. I would assume it depends on the area or group putting it on though. the main ones around here are
-straight barrels
-keg race
-flag race
-stake and barrel
-pole bending
-keyhole
-speed barrels
-figure eight
-polo turn
-arena race

i have seen many many other different kinds though!

beau159 09-09-2012 11:00 PM

Some of the shows I go to have:
-barrels
-poles
-keyhole
-flag race (2 flags on 2 barrels; must exchange)
-sack race (2 horse and riders; hold gunny sack between you and complete full circle around 4 barrels)
-ring race (3 rings on each side of arena you must "spear")
-egg and spoon (balance egg on plastic spoon at walk, trot, gallop)
-bareback dollar race (no saddle, dollar under leg at walk trot gallop, can't lose it)
-scoop shovel race (1 horse/rider drags another person on a scoop shovel)
-hide race (1 horse/rider drags another person on a hide)
-rescue race (1 horse/rider picks up another rider at the end of the arena)
-hangmans race (1 horse/rider drop off and pick up a rider on a rope, can't touch the ground)
-run and jump (1 small jump and 1 barrel)
-musical chairs (trot/gallop when music plays, get off horse when music stops and put your foot in a tire or hoop)
-speed dash (1 barrel)
-boot race (put boots at end of arena, ride horse to get them, and lead horse back)
-relay race (baton race) (3 riders with a baton)
-keg roping (rope a keg)

DrumRunner: I'm curious as to what these are?
-Potato Race
-Magazine Race
-Double Bareback
-Streamer Race

27cfmd: What are these?
-Half 8
-Polo Turn
-Quadrangle
-Big T
-International Flag
-Keypole
-Bi-rangle
-Speed Barrels

DrumRunner 09-10-2012 02:06 PM

Potato race is two barrels one at the far end of the arena and another close to the time clock. On the far end barrel there are about 5 potatoes on top of the barrel you run in and grab one. The barrel before the time clock is turned over so the opening is facing up. You have to ring that barrel with your potato. Do it as fast as you can, doesn't matter if you knock over the far barrel but you DQ if you don't ring the barrel with the potato.

Magazine race is where there is one barrel at the end of the arena. Before you run in the arena you are given a page number that you draw of a hat. You run in as fast as you can, get off your horse, find that page and rip it out, then get back on your horse and run as fast as you can out..Hint that I've gotten good at. If you're an experienced rider and comfortable with your horse I always just put my foot in the stirrup and let mine start hauling ass while I'm still getting in the saddle. Lol Nikki and I are pretty good at it.

Double bare back is kinda a speed event but not all of the time, first you go to the end of the arena and get your partner off of the barrel then you have to lope/gallop around the arena without falling off then stop in the middle of the arena and without getting off you and your partner have to trade places on the horse. I haven't done this event in a long time but it's s LOT easier with a little person or kid as your partner. I always used my little sister because I could just drag her around me when changing places. Do it as fast as you can.

Streamer race is like arena race but you have a partner on their horse and 4 or so feet of party streamer. The two of you have to go in and around the barrel then run out as fast as you can without tearing your streamer. If you tear it you are DQ'd.

SplashedOvero 09-10-2012 02:25 PM

This girl that im friends with on facebook has pictures of her doing some kind of event where she gets another person riding behind her & they are running up to barrels & the second person has to grab a cup & drink?
Actually I should say was friends with her on FB I commented that her horse was pretty on her pictures
& she deleted me haha

anyways Whats that called?

barrelracercjr 10-06-2012 11:21 PM

We have:
Barrel Racing
Pole Bending
Keyhole
Flag Race
Egg and Spoon Race
Catalog Race
Apple Bob Race
Dash for Cash