The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   completely freaking out (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/completely-freaking-out-136441/)

CLaPorte432 09-02-2012 10:56 AM

completely freaking out

I got a call from my trainer. Rumor is dead lame. She called horses in for dinner, and Rumor wouldnt come in. She was limping badly on her hind leg. She was stalled for 2 hours while eating, then couldnt put any weight on it afterwards. 3 legged horse.

Im terribly upset and freaking out.

On my way there now. Vets meeting me. Holiday weekend...AND a Sunday. Why oh why oh why me?
Posted via Mobile Device

kccjer 09-02-2012 11:00 AM

Hope she turns out ok and nothing too serious.

Wallaby 09-02-2012 11:05 AM

Crossing my fingers that it's just a simple abcess in it's most ouchie phase and nothing worse!!

:hug:

Janna 09-02-2012 11:08 AM

Hope everything is ok.
Mine like to screwup at inconvenient times too.

eclipseranch 09-02-2012 11:10 AM

hope its something that is an easy fix. sending positive vibes...keep us posted!

chukka 09-02-2012 11:13 AM

oh good luck, hoping for the best!

Copperhead 09-02-2012 11:14 AM

Blood? Swelling? Heat? Pulse? Did the trainer mention any of these when she called you?

Did she do anything for her for the 2 hours she was eating? Cold hose her? Or just let her sit around?

Glad the vet is going to check her out. Keep us updated.

Jewelsb 09-02-2012 11:49 AM

Hope all will be okay. Interested in what you find. Goodluck with her!
Posted via Mobile Device

equiniphile 09-02-2012 12:44 PM

Sending prayers your way, hoping the lack of updates means you're out soaking a simple abscess.

CLaPorte432 09-02-2012 12:53 PM

Thanks for the good thoughts. Made it to the barn in one piece to find my mare walking around with only a slight limp. *Big sign of relief*

Its definitely her hock. Its swollen and hot to touch. But shes walking on it. Shes putting pressure on it when kicking at flies. Shes up my butt though following me around. Shes isolated in a dry lot. Still eating and drinking but its extremely fond of being alone. Hence why shes all over me. Her eyes are clean, temp is normal, pulse and respiration are good.

I brought her out for some cold hosing. She seemed to enjoy that. Had her tied up to a stall while i was checking her over afterwards. Noticed she started getting stiff while tied and standing on concrete so now we are back in the turnout and waiting on the vet.
Posted via Mobile Device