The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Rain, Rain...Please Friggin' Go Away!!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/rain-rain-please-friggin-go-away-13647/)

Small_Town_Girl 08-20-2008 12:59 PM

Rain, Rain...Please Friggin' Go Away!!!!

It's literally been raining for days here, it's miserable!
We've literally gotten a whopping 15 inches of rain during
the week after having a dry spell for so long. What's worse
is our poor horses are standing in mud and water that's
almost flooded their pen, my grandpa said the rain in supposed
to move on out soon and he is going to expand the horse pen
Saturday, thank God...I know they are miserable as well. :(

I also started working with our colt one day when it stopped,
raining and we mounted him for the first time without any
problem and was led around on his back, it made me so happy,
but now it makes me sad because of the weather I can't work
with him, and he is doing so so well. :(

So who wants to help me build an ark? :wink:

3neighs 08-20-2008 01:03 PM

I wish you could send it my way! We haven't had to mow our lawn since June! :shock:

Small_Town_Girl 08-20-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3neighs
I wish you could send it my way! We haven't had to mow our lawn since June! :shock:

LOL, I would definately send it your way if I could! :P

Kirsti Arndt 08-20-2008 01:11 PM

I am in Illinois so it is coming here soon enough-hope it clears very soon- i prefer snow and cold to constant rain
cabinnnnnnnnnnnnn feverrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Gaited07 08-20-2008 02:26 PM

Oh please send some our way too!

Angel_Leaguer 08-20-2008 03:00 PM

i will take some too!!!!!!!!!!!!

farmpony84 08-20-2008 03:08 PM

I can't remember the last time it rained here.... Maybe this hurricane will send some our way... right now it's sucking all the moisture out of the air!

Dumas'_Grrrl 08-20-2008 03:12 PM

LOL Small town girl.....Up here in Northern Arkansas we are having a record amount of rain this year. We have over 45" of rain this year and that is usually our yearly average!!!! Its another soggy day up here too. :roll: I feel like I'm becoming half duck! :lol:

I'm hoping the weather patterns change before winter. It has been a few years since we have had the nasty ice storms that are so famous here. I hope we don't get them this year. I wouldn't mind a foot or two of snow though...lol...I'm from Iowa and I do miss the snow sometimes. :lol:

LuLu 08-20-2008 05:59 PM

Rain, rain and more rain for us too!!! I want sun!!! Today it was hot during the day, and then in the evening it just completely threw it down, it's supposed to be summer!!!

KiwiRyder 08-20-2008 08:40 PM

Yeah it's winter here & feels like it's been raining for months cause we haven't really had a dry weekend in months. Our bottom paddocks are pretty much swimming pools. Should take photos of our pools I did a great slip an slide the other day only to save myself by grabbing my horses neck cover yes dangerous but I would of been flat on my back in water & mud. He wasn't too impressed & I spooked him :shock: