The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Critique Bean's Conformation (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/critique-beans-conformation-136492/)

Almond Joy 09-02-2012 08:09 PM

Critique Bean's Conformation

2 Attachment(s)
This is Bean, an 8 year old standardbred mare. She was never raced, she was too slow. She's 15.3- 16 hands. She is just now getting back into work, she's a stubborn mare! Also, her head was held high in one of the photos because there was a dog barking and she was alert. I have a picture of her hindquarters too but she isn't squared up. I will get better pictures soon!

If anyone is curious, she is neckbranded 2A301 (It looks like IDEAS backwards on her neck!) And her race name was Matt's Flyin Solo, sire was Matt's Scooter :)

SunnyMeadeFarm 09-02-2012 10:53 PM

I can defiantly see the Standardbred in her! she has a great thick body-type, a trait they are supposed to have to separate them from the thoroughbred, i think her rump has a nice slope but is a bit small from the quarters to the butt, she seems to stand very sound. Her withers a little less defined than they could be, her head is nice but a bit too roman like, not that much though.

Overall she looks to be a great horse, I bet shes a smooth mover! love her color!

tinyliny 09-02-2012 10:57 PM

Would like to see her on flat ground and squared up becuase in that photo she looks camped out in behind. Hip and coupling are really nice, as is shoulder.

Almond Joy 09-02-2012 11:06 PM

Thanks you guys! Will get squared up pics next weekend.
Posted via Mobile Device

lilruffian 09-03-2012 08:30 PM

Definitely STB lol
Nice shoulder but the neck is set high
Back is a good length
As for the hind legs, they appear camped out but also like they would be quite sickle-hocked, which is something i've been noticing alot of in Standardbreds
Hindquarters are small but sloped nicely