The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hello from the bay area, CA! (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hello-bay-area-ca-136708/)

Panta Rei 09-04-2012 05:09 PM

Hello from the bay area, CA!

Hi!
I returned to riding after a very long hiatus. I had a horse when I was 14 and hadn't gone riding since I was about 16 (I'm 32 now).

After going to Kauai and riding with the woman who owned the property (and horses) where I was staying, I fell back in love. Right when I got home from my trip I made an appointment to start lessons (and use a gift certificate my bf gave me) and the rest is history. So to speak, at least... There have been some ups and downs and some scary and/or frustrating moments but all the good outweighs everything else. I now lease a horse and continue to take lessons.
I am now finding out how therapeutic riding is! Itís so challenging and in such an interesting way. I never knew how spiritually fulfilling it could be! I can definitely feel myself changing as the weeks go by. Learning new skills, becoming more confident and learning to communicate more effectively all around.
Iím so happy that this community exists! Glad to meet you all!

HorseLovinLady 09-05-2012 01:36 AM

Welcome to the forum!! Do you have any pics of your lease horse to share with us?

Panta Rei 09-05-2012 12:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I sure do! Here she is in cross ties, waiting to be groomed.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/86652888@N02/7937692646/

Panta Rei 09-05-2012 12:33 PM

Wow, that's huge! Sorry! I'm going to have to figure out how to use this forum better!

BreakThrough209x 10-06-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panta Rei (Post 1671635)
Hi!
I returned to riding after a very long hiatus. I had a horse when I was 14 and hadn't gone riding since I was about 16 (I'm 32 now).

After going to Kauai and riding with the woman who owned the property (and horses) where I was staying, I fell back in love. Right when I got home from my trip I made an appointment to start lessons (and use a gift certificate my bf gave me) and the rest is history. So to speak, at least... There have been some ups and downs and some scary and/or frustrating moments but all the good outweighs everything else. I now lease a horse and continue to take lessons.
I am now finding out how therapeutic riding is! Itís so challenging and in such an interesting way. I never knew how spiritually fulfilling it could be! I can definitely feel myself changing as the weeks go by. Learning new skills, becoming more confident and learning to communicate more effectively all around.
Iím so happy that this community exists! Glad to meet you all!

Well hey there! Congrats on getting back into the swing of things, couldn't happen to notice that you said you're from the bay area. Well howdy neighbor lol :wave: Maybe I'll see you around at a stable before I go off for the Army!

loveduffy 10-06-2012 10:32 PM

welcome to the forum ride is great way to feel free

deserthorsewoman 10-06-2012 10:50 PM

Welcome almost neighbors....im. in central CA:-)