The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Boarding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/)
-   -   How much do you pay (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/how-much-do-you-pay-136710/)

myhorsesrule 09-04-2012 06:18 PM

How much do you pay

i was wondering what the half or full lease costs at your barn, how much boarding your horse costs, how much you pay for lessons, what you do in lessons, do you tack up and groom the school pony you ride? i want to know what a typical day is like for you?:-):-)

fkonidaris 09-07-2012 09:39 AM

I'm not sure about leases or half leases, but I board and my board is $250/mo for full care. It includes, turn out/in everyday on 85 acres, 2x day feeding, hay, water, stalls cleaned daily, blanketing, supplementing, holding for vet/farrier, fly mask on/off, unlimited access to outdoor ring, and all trails. Lessons are $25/30 min or $35/hr. This does not include catching, grooming, tacking up...so lessons usually turn into 45 min to 1.5 hrs.

Lessons themselves will depend upon level of riding experience and disclipline. Both English and Western and horsemanship and horsecare are taught at my barn and sometimes students can go out on trail instead of an arena lesson. Many of the younger riders are also involved in 4-H and local shows.

myhorsesrule 09-07-2012 03:00 PM

wow that sounds like a really good barn what's the name of it?

equiniphile 09-07-2012 03:17 PM

I keep five horses at home and board my two reiners. The facility charges $260 a month spring-fall and $280 during winter months. Horses are turned out most of the time and brought in when it's hot or the flies are bad. Full care.

My lessons are $50, I trailer in to my trainer and have an hour lesson when I can.

fkonidaris 09-07-2012 04:34 PM

Roundtop Stables - Trafford, PA...if you google it, the website is severly outdated...lol They're also on facebook. Love it there!

ShannonSevenfold 09-08-2012 02:33 AM

Full lease - $275 (normal cost of stall board)
Half lease - $140 (a little over half the cost of normal stall board)
Boarding - Heated stall w/ turnout - $275; Pasture w/ shelter - $150
Lessons - $30 an hour for private lessons
Training - $500/30 days (includes normal stall board + 6 days of training per week)

The lessons consist of catching your horse, grooming and tacking up. Then whatever you're currently working on in your lesson. Then tack down, groom and sometimes bathe/rinse the horse off. Treats. Lovings. Then turn the horse back out or if it's after run-in time, put the horse up for the night.

Nitefeatherz 09-08-2012 04:15 AM

Board here generally costs $800-1000. Lessons with a good trainer are $60 for 1/2 Hr, $80 for a full hour.
Posted via Mobile Device

myhorsesrule 09-08-2012 01:56 PM

my barn charges so much more

JamieLeighx 09-08-2012 02:16 PM

Here in Ireland,full livery usually is about 50 a week. Although at smaller yards its a lot cheaper, 25 for stable,unlimited hay,use of indoor and outdoor arena,grazing... That's a good deal in my eyes!
Although you can rent a field for 8 p/week. Lessons where I am are 10 for 30 minutes, but I work for mine. Private 1 hour lessons are 30.
It sound really expensive to keep a horse where you guys are!
Posted via Mobile Device

AlexS 09-08-2012 02:32 PM

Board is $375 a month for me, out 24/7 with access to a stall for severe weather only.
I am switching to a new trainer, she will be $80 an hour. I have to haul into her barn, but she's only up the road, and I don't have a trailer - so I will be riding there. It's my horse, so all grooming/tacking etc is done by me.

Full or half lease would depend entirely on the cost of the barn at which the horse is boarded.