The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Prayers and help for this horse! (Graphic) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/prayers-help-horse-graphic-136838/)

fkonidaris 09-06-2012 08:56 AM

Prayers and help for this horse! (Graphic)

Northstar is a 6 yr old paint that was doused with an accelerant and intentionally lit on fire in Northwest PA in a horrible act of animal cruelty. The owners found him the following morning covered with 2nd and 3rd degree burns. His mane is gone and he's so badly burned, some of his bones are visible. He survived, but is in very bad condition and a lot of pain.

Please pray for this poor horse! Donations are also being collected to help cover his vet bills and treatments.

Visit www.helpnorthstar.com for information and links!

Foxesdontwearbowties 09-06-2012 09:20 AM

I saw this a few days ago but thought it was from a long time ago for some reason. It breaks my heart, if someone did that to my Bunny I would be livid.:evil:
Prays for that poor horse. :-(

fkonidaris 09-06-2012 09:22 AM

This unfortunate incident had happened at the end of August. I was in tears reading the article. My heart breaks for that poor horse. I don't understand how anyone could be so cruel.

http://www.titusvilleherald.com/arti...4246478087.txt

Foxesdontwearbowties 09-06-2012 09:37 AM

Did they find the person who did it?

fkonidaris 09-06-2012 09:49 AM

As far as I know, they haven't found/arrested anyone yet. They're raising money for the reward and also the vet bills...mostly the vet bills.

faye 09-06-2012 10:05 AM

The first link wont work for me sorry.

I feel desperatly sorry for the owners and horse involved,

I have had a horse who was involved in a stable fire and whilst he made a full physical recovery he never recovered mentaly as he came to associate people with changing dressings and with pain. We had to have him PTS in the end as he used to attack people!

Adam 09-06-2012 10:10 AM

WOW! If I owned this horse, and was able to figure out who did this and track them down, I think I could honestly say I'd be going to jail too. Poor Northstar! I can only imagine how much pain that critter is in.....

fkonidaris 09-06-2012 10:16 AM

The first link didn't work on my work computer, but did work on my cell phone...

I rode last night and gave my horse extra hugs and she gave me hugs back. I started crying thinking about Northstar. I don't know what I would do if that ever happened to my mare. Adam, like you, I'd probably be in jail.

Adam 09-06-2012 10:33 AM

I know a story like this is definately outside of the ordinary, but between this, stories about horses tails being cut off for their hair, and hearing about ppl using horses for target practice, I almost don't want to turn my horses out into a field unless I can see every square inch of it from my front porch.....

Critter sitter 09-06-2012 10:46 AM

OMG thats Horrible! that poor baby