The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hunters and Hunter Seat Equitation (http://www.horseforum.com/hunters-hunter-seat-equitation/)
-   -   Judge, please? (http://www.horseforum.com/hunters-hunter-seat-equitation/judge-please-136903/)

CountryGirly 09-06-2012 09:49 PM

Judge, please?

So, this is my 2 year-old Thoroughbred/Dutch Warmblood filly, Net, sired by Karsh (Secret Secretary). Ive owned her for about a year and shes an extremely sweet filly. Shes currently 15HH. Shes going to be the first horse Ive trained on my own. In the future, Id like to do hunter/jumper with her. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some insight as to her confirmation and help me with some exercises that would work well? Shes been fully tacked and backed bareback. Her lunging ability is still questionable. Thanks, in advance! :-) Also, if anyone could give me some information on Karsh, her sire, thatd be very appreciated. Pictures are found at the link below:

Please Judge? 2 year-old Thoroughbred/Dutch Warmblood Filly

equiniphile 09-06-2012 09:59 PM

To give you a conformation critique, we'll need pictures of the horse from the side, standing square, and from the front and back to see the legs.

I'd also like to add that jumping a 2y/o is really hard on their joints. If you'd like her to be a jumper in a few years, save her while she's still young :-)

CountryGirly 09-06-2012 10:05 PM

I'm aware. :) Free-jumping her in those photos was a one-time thing and even then, it was only a few jumps. I won't be really working her until she's four and I'm not actually jumping her until she's five, though. Thanks for your concern, though :)

maura 09-09-2012 02:21 PM

She looks lovely. With what I can tell based in these less than ideal photos, she appears to have a good hunters flat kneed trot with some over track, and her form over fences is terrific. You have a really nice hunter prospect.