The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   Iconoclast Boots (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/iconoclast-boots-136907/)

PaintedFury 09-06-2012 10:02 PM

Iconoclast Boots

Has anyone on here actually used these boots? If so, did you like them? I want to hear some reviews, whether good or bad.
Posted via Mobile Device

COWCHICK77 09-07-2012 06:30 PM

I was curious too, I just seen some on Ebay. They have quite the price tag on them! Holy crap!

PaintedFury 09-07-2012 08:27 PM

They are somewhat like PC SMBs, but have two support slings instead of one. I saw them on Horse Talk Live last week. Was just wondering if anyone on here heard of or use them.
Posted via Mobile Device

SorrelHorse 09-07-2012 09:06 PM

Oh wow, I'm sold on them guys.

Got my hands on a pair, LOVED the way they felt. They look so much better than the others boots I own (Classic Equine Legacy and SMB VenTech Elites)

Now if only I could afford to get my own pair...-pout-

PaintedFury 09-07-2012 10:11 PM

I found the full set(front, hind, & bell) for $180.00, that is quite expensive. But, I guess if you compete regularly for money, and they can reduce your chance of injury for your competition buddy. That is definately cheaper than the potential vet bill. I currently use the SMB Elies, but when those wear out, I may just suck it up and buy some of these.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jess Angela 09-08-2012 06:04 PM

We have a roping gelding who tore a suspensory ligament and sustained some tendon damage as well. Before his injury, we used SMB 3's. But after, they just didnt give him the support he needed, so we bought the Iconoclast Rehab boots. They have been amazing. They did change his movement a slight amount, and they are a bit bulky, but without them, he would come up lame after a small amount of work.
We decided to buy some for our mare who never had an injury, and she seems to do ok with them. I like that they give more lift with the second strap. Especially for dainty thoroughbred legs.

Bobthebuilder 09-09-2012 03:23 PM

Subbing- I've been looking at these too and would love to hear what people have to say about them :)

PaintedFury 09-09-2012 08:31 PM

More than welcome to Bob.
Posted via Mobile Device

ThursdayNext 09-11-2012 10:01 PM

I just ran across these things - my horse came up lame at the trot 10 days ago, and two vet visits and an ultrasound later, it's clear that he injured his suspensory. He's a retired GP show jumper so this is not the FIRST time he's damaged his suspensories, and I've been looking for something that might reduce the risk of further incidents. He's not in hard work at all, but he managed to injure this one just goofing around in the turnout. :( If these things actually work, they'd be worth the price. I've spent $350 on vets in the last week alone.

PaintedFury 09-11-2012 10:46 PM

They have ones that you ride in, and ones that are for recovery purposes. You may want to look into those as well.
Posted via Mobile Device