The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   barrel prospect (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/barrel-prospect-136926/)

jaytee 09-07-2012 01:50 AM

barrel prospect

1 Attachment(s)
Hey going to look at this girl on sunday for my gf, its gonna be a suprise for her birthday, let me know what u think of her and her pedigree? There are some name there I don't recognize thanks

jaytee 09-07-2012 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaytee (Post 1674607)
Hey going to look at this girl on sunday for my gf, its gonna be a suprise for her birthday, let me know what u think of her and her pedigree? There are some name there I don't recognize thanks

Sorry forgot the name Boons Money AM

cowgirl4753 09-07-2012 02:00 AM

Very nice horse! I looked up her pedigree and found a familiar name, PC Boons Feature is a stallion standing at my home province of Manitoba! Thought the name was familiar! Anyways not sure if he himself did much but I know a lot if his babes have grown up to be great rodeo horses. Don't know to much of her dams side sorry.
Posted via Mobile Device

BubblesBlue 09-07-2012 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowgirl4753 (Post 1674613)
Don't know to much of her dams side sorry.
Posted via Mobile Device

I saw "On the Money Red."
The September edition of Barrel Horse News reported him as the top sire for the previous 10 years.He has earned the ranking of the number one sire of money winning barrel horses more times than any other stallion. In 2002, a year after his death, he was number one once again.

Taken from: On The Money Red, Barrel Racing Sire

The filly is bred to barrel race however I find conformation more of an issue than the pedigree in a prospect.

SorrelHorse 09-07-2012 02:15 AM

Would love conformation shots but pedigree alone she is pretty strong. A lot of run and a lot of work in there.

AlexS 09-07-2012 02:18 AM

I know nothing about barrel racing, or the pedigrees of such - but I want that horse, what a beauty! I'd be going to see her for anything from jumping to pleasure horse, she is just lovely.

BarrelRacer23 09-07-2012 03:23 AM

She's bred decently for barrels. Sun Frost is of course good, and OTMR well we have a grandaughter and my horse has him on the back of his papers too, good horses. That picture though makes her appear awkward and put together in a way which doesn't fit right. I'd want recent conformation shots of her.
Posted via Mobile Device

jaytee 09-07-2012 08:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the best confo shot on the ad

BarrelRacer23 09-07-2012 08:22 PM

Thats not a very good picture to tell anything from. Depending on the price and how far your driving I would want better recent pics. If all I had to go from was that picture, I wouldn't look twice.
Posted via Mobile Device

jaytee 09-07-2012 09:59 PM

Yeah that's the thing I have asked for more pics and I'm supposed to get them today or tomorrow, and sunday is the only day I can make it out there (4 hour drive 1 way) so I'm still pondering what to do
Posted via Mobile Device