The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Western Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/)
-   -   saddle slippage help (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/saddle-slippage-help-136998/)

sheenaschlytter 09-07-2012 08:39 PM

saddle slippage help

2 Attachment(s)
I have a size 13 saddle for my daughter it seems to fit my horse well except it slips. I cinch her up very tight and it still slips when my daughter is trotting to one side or the other. I dont put any spray on her in the cinch or saddle area and the cinch is measured to her size. Everything is brand new I am thinking it needs to break in more or something what can I do ??? here are pics is the pad to thick idk advice please

SouthernTrails 09-07-2012 08:46 PM

Can you post some pics of the Saddle on your Horse lightly cinched without the Pad and have one of the pics show the Saddle from the front so we can see how it fits in the Gullet Area in relation to the shoulders.

sheenaschlytter 09-07-2012 08:48 PM

sure next time I go out hopefully that will be tomorrow

WIRider 09-18-2012 05:54 PM

This may sound like a simple thing, but if it's not the saddle fit, your horse just could be "puffing up" when you cinch up the saddle. Then after trotting a bit, she relaxes which makes the saddle a little loose. I've had many horses that do that. Just retighten the cinch after your daughter has ridden for a few minutes or you see it start to slip.

barrelbeginner 09-18-2012 05:56 PM

Could you use a breast Collar??

BarrelRacingLvr 09-19-2012 10:55 AM

I would try a thinner saddle pad, the pad your using looks thick which usually can cause a saddle to slip around if it is to thick.

Dead Rabbit 09-19-2012 11:10 AM

recinch it after a few minutes. you'll be surprised.

Jewelsb 09-19-2012 11:14 AM

I think it's the pad being too thick. I had the same problem and had to buy a new one.
Posted via Mobile Device

DrumRunner 09-19-2012 01:48 PM

It could be the saddle pad, the horse holding his breath and you can tighten it again, or the saddle not fitting the horse.. You'll probably get better answers with pictures of just the saddle and just saddle sitting on the horse.

sheenaschlytter 09-23-2012 03:34 PM

3 Attachment(s)
SO sorry this took so long but here is the pics of the saddle sitting not tightened. I just bought a new saddle and I am haveing the exact same problem with it so it has got to be either the pad or the cinch strap thanks for any help