The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Nutrisystem? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/nutrisystem-137115/)

Phantomcolt18 09-09-2012 12:10 AM

Nutrisystem?

So my dad and I just made our first Nutrisystem food order. He needs to lose weight and get healthy for his heath(heart/bp problems). I also could definately afford to lose a few pounds so I told him we could do it together so he wouldn't be going at it alone while I'm eating food he'd rather be eating. We've also invested in a treadmill and some hand weights.

Has anyone tried it?

Did it work?

How was the food?

I'm thinking of starting a new thread showing the progress if anyone is interested. :D

Also any exercise ideas would be great I'm up for anything but it's gonna take some motivation getting dad up and moving haha.

Cat 09-09-2012 12:18 AM

I had tried it years ago and didn't stick with it because I didn't like the food. I'm sure they have improved it since. Good luck! Always easier to stick with something healthy is to do it with someone else.

uflrh9y 09-09-2012 09:51 AM

My husband tried it about 7 years ago and it worked but like the pp he did not like the food at all. And he found it difficult to go from eating those meals and then gradually adding in regular food without gaining. But it does work if you stick with it. Good luck!

Phantomcolt18 09-09-2012 12:05 PM

Thanks for the opinions guys! I personally can't wait to start I've been dying to lose some weight for a while but whenever I diet and exercise I never stick with it for various reasons(mostly because I didn't see any change).

Dad on the other hand I'm going to have to watch like a hawk to make sure he doesn't cheat and he actually eats the meals. He claimed he never had any time to eat with his job(he installs alarm systems) so I made him pick a bunch of bars for lunch so he has it to go.