The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   StonyPony Dressage, and other Bend Oregon dressage barns (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/stonypony-dressage-other-bend-oregon-dressage-137126/)

Klassic Superstar 09-09-2012 03:16 AM

StonyPony Dressage, and other Bend Oregon dressage barns

Do you know of this barn? Have any information that will help me before I call on it? It has everything I am looking for and seems like a very peaceful place. I'm wanting to be showing in the show season, participating in dressage clinics in the off season and winter months, so any good trainers/barns you canopying my way would be very helpful.

Stonepony Dressage - Central Oregon Dressage lessons, boarding and training located in Central Oregon, specializing in Dressage

Than you!

newhorsemom 09-09-2012 12:08 PM

Are you looking to move to Oregon or just to a new dressage barn?

equiniphile 09-09-2012 12:17 PM

Looks like a really nice barn at a reasomable board rate. I'd board there in a heartbeat!

Klassic Superstar 09-09-2012 05:14 PM

Moving with my friend within this year or next fall.
After I get back from my europe trip I'll be going with her to look at houses, barns, schools ect.

I'm at the point in my life where I just need to start doing my own stuff and out in the real world.

I'll be taking Ollie of course and my dog :) and I'd only be 6-8 hours away from my mom and family back here.

COWCHICK77 09-09-2012 05:55 PM

50 Attachment(s)
I think you will like Bend. I lived in that area a couple different occasions. I took two semesters of art at COCC. I don't know how much has changed in 15 yrs, but parking was at a premium. Plenty of walking up and down the hill...you will get some exercise between classes, lol.
Rent wasn't cheap either especially on the west side where it was a little trendier.
At that time I leased a good chunk of ground so I could have my horses where I lived and exchanged rent for changing handline in the alfalfa fields. I worked early mornings feeding, cleaning stalls and turning horses out at a dressage/jumper barn down the road, Orion Farms, before class. Back then board was over $500 a month..eek! LOL. If I remember right Joren Traveller was the dressage trainer there at the time. Pretty place, and close to trails, I think it backed up to National Forest. It may not be there anymore.
I don't think there is any shortage of barns to go to, but again this was several years ago :)
Good Luck!